DTS-HD MA & TrueHD and the remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Problem/Question DTS-HD MA & TrueHD and the remote

I got this to enable me to watch UHD discs and have found there is a problem playing DTS-HD MA & TrueHD through the SPDIF, If I Want lossless audio I have to connect it to the AV directly with the HDMI cable, but if I do that HDR is not sent to the TV as you need to connect HDMI to TV to get that, not through a splitter or AV, this needs to be fixed. If only it had a 2nd HDMI Connection for sending Audio to the AV. I am presuming this will be the same of any type of movie file you try to play through the SPDIF audio port, it should just pass through not drop down to a lossy format.

Now the REMOTE, to put it mildly it is rubbish, the buttons stop working and you have to repeatdly press the buttons at times to get anything from it, that is even with new batteries, I may have a faulty remote for it I don't know, but if they are all like this something needs to be done regarding it..

Regards

Originally posted by The Toerag View Post
    I got this to enable me to watch UHD discs and have found there is a problem playing DTS-HD MA & TrueHD through the SPDIF, If I Want lossless audio I have to connect it to the AV directly with the HDMI cable, but if I do that HDR is not sent to the TV as you need to connect HDMI to TV to get that, not through a splitter or AV, this needs to be fixed.
    Regards
    hi, I am not sure what is your problem ?

The SPDIF not support passthrough of DTS-HD MA & TrueHD , the HD part will be dropped.

Comment

I would expect DTS-HD MA & TrueHD to be supported through spdiff as well as through HDMI, to get HDR on my TV I have to connect the HDMI directly to my TV, so I have to connect to the AV with SPDIF and I would have thought DTS-HD MA & TrueHD to be supported through it, instead I am only able to get lossy audio through it. I want it to output Lossless audio through SPDIF

Thats is the problem, not sure how you can't understand that.

Comment

not sure how you can't understand that
        It's not possible. S/PDIF does not have the necessary bandwith for HD sound formats, it will fall back to the DTS resp. AC-3 core. Just read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF

Comment

Working...
        X