Great Update So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Update So Far

Would like to say that 1.0.3.5 release is by far one of the best releases to date in relation to 1.0.1.0. It scarped the most movies correctly thus far. This is the closest to getting back on track as far as it being able to scrap your movies with very little intervention. There are still some that it'’s having problems with but it'’s not the nightmare of past releases. I do like the new collection selection, where it puts all your collections in its own section for easy quick selections of them. At first only one of my movie collections was showing up after it finished refreshing and populated and it was only showing 2 out of the 6 movies in that collection. I did a rebuild of the library, which took about 1 hour (have a lot of movies), still am getting that “New movie(s) found. Refresh your media library now? Yes – No “ nag. I kept having to hit ‘Yes’ for it to keep refreshing the movies until I got tired of doing it and found out it is just that …..a nag, if you don’'t hit ‘Yes’ it will continue to repopulate all your library without you pressing “Yes”. It’'s a dumb question if you pressed that you want to rebuild your library, the answer will always be yes. After the rebuild, I was impressed with the collection section, it noted that I had 56 collections (it was missing maybe 3 collections), I went through each and every one of the collections and it is missing some movies out of it, for example James Bond collection is only showing 17 out of the 25 movies in it.

· Kill Bill collection is named Kill baby Kill with both Vol 1 & 2 posters are the same

· Mission Impossible collection series is only showing 2 movies

· Ocean Eleven is showing double wall poster with one showing zero mins and the other w/mins

· The original Planet Of Apes is only showing 2 movies

· Predators is missing some

· Rambo is missing some

· Resident Evil shows 4 of the same wall poster out of 6, only 2 are right

· The Expendables - 2 of the same out of 3

· The Matrix Collection only showing 2 movies

· Tomb Raider is only showing 2 of the same Tomb Raider wall poster out of the 3 and it’s the worst one, the newest (2018) one. Bring Angelina Jolie back.

· Underworld is only showing 2 movies.

· I have 4 movies that it put as wall poster labeled as Video in that collection as movies that is not supposed to be there. They are ‘Guess Who’'s Coming To Dinner’,’ From Here to Eternity’ w/ Burt Lancaster, and two others that I haven'’t figured out yet that has no name but only showing mins of 104 mins and 93 mins.

· Guardians Of The Galaxy shows same wall poster for Vol 1 & 2.

· Captain America and Blade Runner Collections showing the same wall posters for all collections.

· 2 Guns is not a collection but I am now showing doubles of it so it’'s a collection to the DMS

· Missing Whole Collections - The Godfather & Aliens

Sorry this is getting long.....…all most there!

There are movies I have no clue what they are yet because they have the wrong wall posters attached to them. There are a few that are very close to the title that I can guess what they are and there are maybe 4 that are showing the wall poster in either Japanese or Chinese but it is showing the correct title and movie description in English. So out of 825 movies that it is showing I have in the movie section, 33 are wrong and require some metadata corrections. This is a significant improvement from the other releases.

Was wondering and searching to where all my missing movies went too.

Under Videos- there is a new an extra thumb nail/Icon labeled DMS Videos in addition to the SATA Hard Drive. In DMS Videos all of my movies that are missing from the wall that are not videos but are movies are being labeled as such. Some of my movie collection movies are in there. My whole Aliens and some of my Godfather collections are in there, plus some movies from my James Bond collection. They do not have metadata posters for them just showing a white thumbnail with the correct movie for it underneath it. So I am guessing this is where the DMS dumps movies it has no clue to what they are and can'’t match them correctly. Some are mislabeled where I can see where the scraper might have a problem, which I can correct on my end but a lot are labeled correctly that the DMS should have found a scrap for them. That needs to be checked out and fixed.

This is my first run with 1.0.3.5 and so far impressed. Will check on how good it fixes what isn'’t right with a future post.

Last edited by Down2Earth; 08-03-2018, 07:15 PM.

With collections.....it says to edit the movies in collections to click the menu button on the remote, then highlight and click the 'Add' softkey on the left sidebar, doing that a keyboard pops up, if you put the first letter of the movie in - the search function pulls up all the movies that starts with the movie you are looking for......the movies that are missing out of my collections is not showing up to move them because DMS has them in a DMS Video folder as unknown videos instead of movies, I tried but I can not move them into collection. Tried to update the meta data for all the movies that is in that DMS Video folder using DMS edit function and it outputs, 'No matches found. Please make sure the information you entered is correct' Not understanding how to edit your movies using this local app as applied, it doesn't seem to be working or more instructions needs to be brought forward on using it.

Comment

Just noticed that when the DMS times out and goes into stand by mode, the clock time is correct but the date is wrong and shows 04/08/2018 despite in settings it shows the correct date, it is defaulting to the same date of 04/08/2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
        Just noticed that when the DMS times out and goes into stand by mode, the clock time is correct but the date is wrong and shows 04/08/2018 despite in settings it shows the correct date, it is defaulting to the same date of 04/08/2018.
        FYI, that is the correct date. The format is DD/MM/YYYY. Not sure if the DMS allows for changing of the date format as it's sitting in my scrap pile until I read some positive (for me) posts on any future firmware updates.

Comment

Originally posted by duc135@gmail.com View Post

FYI, that is the correct date. The format is DD/MM/YYYY. Not sure if the DMS allows for changing of the date format as it's sitting in my scrap pile until I read some positive (for me) posts on any future firmware updates.
          Thanks for the update on the format date.....never noticed that it was in that format until this update, guess I never paid attention to that format since I rarely let it go into standby mode. I understand that but don't understand what you are saying by "it's sitting in my scrap pile until I read some positive (for me) posts on any future firmware updates." You are referencing what?

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
            ...but don't understand what you are saying by "it's sitting in my scrap pile until I read some positive (for me) posts on any future firmware updates." You are referencing what?
            It's in reference to the DMS. The machine is literally in a pile of unused junk. It's absolutely worthless to me at this point. Ever since they decided to go the route of having to login to their servers in (I'm assuming China) to manage my local machine a few feet from me I took it off my network. Even before that it was a crapshoot as to what movies and TV shows would show up. Things are getting slightly better, but still not nearly close enough to it being a stable, worthwhile device in the home theater. I continue to lurk around these forums hoping against hope that someday they will release a firmware for the device that actually works and delivers on what a simple media player should be.

Comment

Started working with the local edit app in DMS for updating and fixing some of the movies that wasn't correct and even the ones that it was saying were videos that were in that DMS Video folder. So far I like using it to change the wall poster that aren't correct verses logging on and using the website. I updated a bunch of movies that was incorrect and doing so it worked like a charm, after fixing a couple of the titles that I suspected the DMS did not like, it found the correct metadata and wall poster for the movies and was able to update them as movies out of that DMS Video folder. When you edit a movie it gives you the path of the movie and how it is titled. This is where I saw why some of them went into that DMS Video folder as lost movies.

A couple of examples: I had a wall poser and movie labeled 'Dollars' - I played the movie and it was 'A Few Dollars More', changed the title using edit and did a search and was able to match and change it. Had another that was labeled 'Body_Guard' - I knew this was 'The Bodyguard' took the underscore out and it matched up. Fifty Shades Freed The Final Chapter was the same, took the underscore out of the title and it moved out and into the Fifty Shades Collections. Some of my collections I fixed but they are not moving into their collections and I can't get them in there. I fixed Star Wars - Return Of The Jedi as an example, it moved out of Videos but not into the Star Wars Collections as Fifty Shades did.

Think this is a vast improvement moving forward. Some problems scrapping as it appears some of the movies titles has to be referenced correctly, at least on my end. I haven't gotten to the TV series yet as I only have three anyway. Think if 1.0.3.5 came out first after 1.0.1.0 with continuous updates using it and you guys stopped with the major changes (like updating using the website), think we would be in a different place right now but as it stands nice job so far Ting.

Comment

hi, Down2Earth

Thanks for so good feedback, after I read it carefully, I think there are three major problem in your test

1. You don't like always be asked to click "YES" to update library, I don't like it too. so I will improve this part
                2. Some of your collections missing the movies, which should be in correct collections
                3. When you fixed the Movie from the DMS Videos, some should be add to collections, but they don't, like Star Wars - Return of Jedi

Am I understand right ?

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
                  hi, Down2Earth

1. You don't like always be asked to click "YES" to update library, I don't like it too. so I will improve this part
                  2. Some of your collections missing the movies, which should be in correct collections
                  3. When you fixed the Movie from the DMS Videos, some should be add to collections, but they don't, like Star Wars - Return of Jedi

Am I understand right ?
                  Yes to all three Ting. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X