DMS and scraping 1035

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS and scraping 1035

After installing 1035 and running a rebuild data base. Problems I previously reported still happen in collections and had to manually fix them. I added / deleted 2 and this was successful. (did not see "move" anywhere). Edited 2 others and failed as previously. Still unable to access tv series "all" on DMS.

I then went to the web page. At first look I thought great, but under closer examination It was worse than 1031. I had a total of 20 movies under videos and managed to get 13 of these back under movies. Videos have increased by 200 plus, Andromeda was suddenly a different tv series and wrong year.

With so many "videos" I decided to run rebuild data base again. (frustrating, had hoped for better results than I got).

I do like the improvements made, as this makes it easier to edit the meta data.

One problem is that when having movies with similar names but different year, changing meta data changes both. THAT has been a problem not fixed since 1010.
    Viking lost down under

Rebuild data base, failed. Tried again, failed. Update data base, failed. Rebuild data base, now working. So far 4 movies 1 collection and 66 TV series. Able to see "all" under TV series. Andromeda wrong again and still showing 200 plus videos extra compared to 1031.

I'll now have to wait till it finishes data base to tell more.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

Scrapping was done in less than half the time it normally takes. Web page and DMS does not reflect each other, worst ever. Web page has 223 TV series and there is at least a 1/2 dozen missing. DMS only shows 196 TV series. So that makes at least 30 plus missing.

Fixed the problems on web page, not a lot, but this was not reflected on DMS. I started to change stuff on DMS and decided it was a waste of time. I sorted out 2 of them but found out that I would have to scrape every episode in Andromeda.

What I do not understand is how Andromeda (2000) can end up 3 times being Ghost Mine (2013), when neither name nor year come close to each other and this has never happen before with other firmware updates.

All missing or else where from above hasn't changed. Neither has the increase of over 200 more videos. I'll give more in depth information later when I have more time and over my disappointment with how bad scrapping TV series have gotten.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

Why was editing meta data for whole TV series removed from DMS???????????????????????????
        Viking lost down under

Comment

Sorry about the long read, there is good info in there.

Time zone (auto) on DMS has to be set manually does not matter how many times DMS is re started.

Did a factory reset. Time zone now works under (auto).
          All expected movies / TV series are there too.

Unfortunately web page is still not reflected on DMS. This can be seen in the differences below.

Web Page

Movies

"Battle of britain (1969)" and "The battle of britain (2010)" Keeps same poster doesn't matter what you do.
          Battle star galactica: "The Plan" (2009) and "The Last Frakkin' Special" (2009) Keeps same poster doesn't matter
          what you do.
          "Bedroom mazurka (1970)" and "I Tvillingernes Tegn (1975) - (In the Sign of the Gemini)" Keeps same poster doesn't
          matter what you do.
          2036 origin unknown (2018) will not keep selected poster.
          Anon (2017) will not keep selected poster.
          Extinction (2018) will not keep selected poster.

An officer and a gentleman found at a long last.

Under videos

The coven (2015)
          Threads of destiny (2014)
          The call of the wild (2000)
          Alien Siege (2005)
          Occupation (2018) will not keep selected poster.
          Astro (2018)

When doing meta data for these, the posters are found straight away, but does not move into movie category. Have
          tried multiple times.

TV series

Space (2001) 2 Posters, 1 was Space: 1999 (1975) Fixed
          Andromeda (2000) Shows up as Ghost mine (2013) (Shows as 5 Season but only has 2 seasons with 18 episodes 10 plus 6.)
          V: (the complete series) (1984) Whole season under videos. Scrapes, but disapear down the black hole never to be
          seen again.

Not found

Harrow (2018)
          Outcasts (2011)
          Inquisition (2014)
          Powers (2015)
          The moonstone (2016)
          The hunt for the zodiac killer (2017)
          Battle star galactica (2003)

There could be more, would need further investigation.

================================================== ===========

DMS (including editing meta data under videos)

Movies

Dr Who: The end of time part 1 (2009) and Part 2 (2010) Keeps same poster doesn't matter what you do.
          "Battle of britain (1969)" and "The battle of britain (2010)" Keeps same poster doesn't matter what you do.
          Battle star galactica: "The Plan" (2009) and "The Last Frakkin' Special" (2009) Keeps same poster doesn't matter
          what you do.

"Bedroom mazurka (1970)" and "I Tvillingernes Tegn (1975) - (In the Sign of the Gemini)" Keeps same poster doesn't
          matter what you do.

2036 origin unknown (2018) will not keep selected poster.
          Extinction (2018) will not keep selected poster.
          Anon (2017) will not keep selected poster.

An officer and a gentleman found at a long last.

TV series

Space (2001) 2 Posters, 1 was Space: 1999 (1975) Fixed
          Andromeda (2000) Shows up as Ghost mine (2013) (Shows as 5 Season but only has 3 seasons, with all episodes in
          season 0. All episodes are marked E0.)

Under videos

The coven (2015)
          Battle star galactica (2003) All episodes
          Harrow (2018) All episodes
          Inquisition (2014) All episodes
          Outcasts (2011) All episodes
          Powers (2015 All episodes
          The moonstone (2016) All episodes
          The hunt for the zodiac killer (2017) All episodes
          Threads of destiny (2014)
          The call of the wild (2000)
          Alien Siege (2005)
          Occupation (2018) will not keep selected poster.
          Astro (2018)
          V: (the complete series) (1984) Whole season under videos. Scrapes, first 3 episodes show but rest disappear down
          the black hole never to be seen again.

When doing meta data for movies above, the posters are found straight away, but Web page has the spinning wheel of death
          for all of them.

Not found

Harrow (2018)
          Outcasts (2011)
          Inquisition (2014)
          Powers (2015
          The moonstone (2016)
          The hunt for the zodiac killer (2017)
          Battle star galactica (2003)

There could be more, would need further investigation.

Collections

The Millennium collection, had to add "The girl with the dragon tattoo (2011)"
          The Jack Ryan collection, had to remove " The hunt for red October (1990)
          The battle of Britain collection, had to remove due to simular names different Year.

================================================== ======

Able to see all (223) recently added TV series. When trying to see "all" under "GENRE"( I still get "Server access
          failure").

I'm not exactly happy about the amount of video's remaining to be scraped (250 Plus more than previous firmware
          update), so I'll redo the data base again.

================================================== ==========

Interesting points:

Note that all "not found" TV series (ever) are now found under DMS vidios and not on web page.
          Also, An officer and gentleman never found before has been found by 1035 scraper.

More than 300 videos (episodes) was not scraped properly compared to 1031.

When trying to see TV series, "all" under "GENRE"( I still get "Server access failure"). Have not been able to get
          in since latest re build of data base. Have been trying for 6 hours.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

Thanks for so good feedback, I will read it very carefully.

and I also have notice the solution of scraper is not perfect, which always have some little problem in different version,
            I am doing some plan for the better scraper, and also need auto test for make sure the fixed problem will not repeat it.

Hope in the next version, ejm will take it easy when do the scraping test.

Comment

Found another four TV series That I didn't realize was missing. All movies with spinning wheel of death are now under movies.
              Last edited by ejm; 08-09-2018, 09:21 PM.
              Viking lost down under

Comment

To fix Andromeda (2000) which was named Ghost Mine (2013) I had to go to DMS and edit 110 episodes as there is no way to edit whole TV series.

I than proceeded to edit 1 episode of each TV series under "videos" on DMS that has never been found before during scrapping. None of these showed up under TV series, but disappeared down the black hole of nothing.

After this I edited all TV series that had 1 to 3 episodes, these didn't show up under TV series, but disappeared down the black hole of nothing. A lot of these were E1 E7 E13 and E19. As previously mention in another post, there seemed to be a pattern with these episodes.

I then proceeded to go and check various TV series that previously had multiple episodes (in web page they looked alright) but under DMS they still existed. The pattern was E1 correct than there was 2 episodes of E2 (this went through whole Season). First E2 was correct, second was E1 again. when each one of these were edited the TV series showed up correct, bar 1. This was a combined episode (E12-E13), which disappeared down the black hole of nothing.

There are still in excess of 400 episodes to be fixed, around 300+ of these there has never been a problem with before. These have anywhere up to 6 seasons stranded under "videos", and I see no reason to edit these until such a time as the developers get around to fixing the problem.

When can we expect the next firmware update ????????????
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                X