Scraping. Changes are discaded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraping. Changes are discaded.

140 of 1000 movies are in the Videos section. When I select the correct entry with "Fix match", the new data is discarded. It's easier to Show it, so please see:
    ウェブ ワープロ、プレゼンテーション、スプレッドシート

flortz, that was pretty cool how you showed that but I'm not sure how cool that will reflex on a certain guideline on this board, point taken though no matter the consequence. I wish I could give you better insight as I have not seen where you find the correct metadata and it discards it and doesn't take as shown/noted. Thinking maybe because it's in the video section and it's not a movie. Try seeing where those 40 movies are in the DMS/SATA hard drive folders, I had movies that were copied using DVDfab 9 and 10 and they put them in the video folder using the DMS, I had to move them out of videos and into the movies folders to get a good match. Not sure if this is an option for you, first step is seeing if those movies are located in a video folder. They don't show up as videos as wall posters but are physically in the videos folders!

Comment

Down2Earth, thanks for your answer. I read the Forum rules and didn't find anything about not posting Videos. Or are links to google drive not allowed? Also I didn't break any copyright law since I own these movies. Please let me know.

Comment

These are my Blu-rays. The DVDs are in the cellar, if necessary I'll unpack and photograph them too.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi flortz,
          I have seen you are german too and I would like to know if the movies in the movie section are shown in German or Englisch. I recognized similar issue on the old German Dudu movies. 3 out of 5 were recognized and transfered but 3 are not. I found them with the scrapper but there may be no Englisch version available. Maybe the same with American Shaolin.
          Just an idea. The way you showed it was geat.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_Castle_de View Post
            Hi flortz,
            The way you showed it was geat.
            Flortz, I thought how you showed it was great, quite awesome, said it was cool also..... When I said 'guidelines' and 'board consequence' I wasn't referring to any legal boundaries to what you own and how you get your movies onto the server. Thinking it might be a little bit of word association put into the wrong context on my side. I'm glad you noted it's all good and everything is everything, so now we all know, no need to justify anything.

By the way did you check on my other part of my post where I noted where you might have an issue with? Frank Castle de, reply can be something that is happening also. Just putting things out in reference to try, that's all.

Good luck in resloving your problem.

Comment

Down2Earth, phew, thought, I'd be kicked out of the board and freaked out a bit.

American Shaolin:
              \\ANDROID_272410\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab\Movies\Am erican Shaolin.mkv

Structure on SATA Drive is:
              \Movies
              \TV Shows
              \Videos

I've noticed the same Problem when trying to "Fix Match" in the movies section. Not often, but it happens. Here's some MediaInfo for one of the titles:

Link der Butler
              Complete name: \\ANDROID_272410\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab\Movies\Li nk der Butler.mkv
              Format: Matroska
              Format version: Version 2
              File size: 3.87 GiB
              Duration : 1 h 38 min
              Overall bit rate mode: Variable
              Overall bit rate: 5 592 kb/s
              Movie name: Link der Butler
              Encoded date: UTC 2018-04-22 08:43:47
              Writing application: DVDFab 10.0.9.0
              Writing library: libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5
              Video: MPEG Video Version 2

Hardware: WD Red 8TB SATA Drive

Comment

Frank_Casle_de, there are some native german titles on the Server, like "Verschwende deine Jugend" or "Schossgebete" but also Hollywood movies like "Dämon - Trau keiner Seele" (Fallen) or "Düstere Legenden 2" (Urban Legends Final Cut). All 4 titles (and about 120 others) have the same problem stated in my first post. I thought that maybe there's a problem with ä,ö and ü, but it also happens with titles without any special characters.

Comment

Looks like my last post was deleted. Maybe because it contained backslashes...

Down2Earth, I thought, I'd be kicked out of the board and freaked out a bit - I'm easily scared. I appreciate your help.

About my example. Complete name: ANDROID_272410/share/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/American Shaolin.mkv
                  Under ANDROID_272410/share/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/ I have the following folders:
                  Movies
                  TV Shows
                  Videos
                  and System Volume Information wich was created by Windows I suppose. The sata harddisk is a WD Red, 8TB, formated with Windows, File system: NTFS
                  Folder Videos is empty.

It looks like the problem is not limited to Movies in MS's Videos section. I've just tried to Fix Match the movie Link der Butler.mkv, which MB registered as Der Butler. Same effect, selected the correct movie under Fix Match, a circle, cover flips, nothing changes. The movie is still registered as Der Butler.

Frank_Castle_de, I have some native german movies like Verschwende deine Jugend but also Hollywood movies with the same problem. First I thought it was an umlaut problem but it also happens to Larva for example.

Comment

Two suggestions:

I would first try changing your naming convention to match the recommendation by DVDFAB. There is a sticky post which describes that convention. Using your example, the path would change to ANDROID_272410/share/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/American Shaolin(1992)/American Shaolin(1992).mkv. This might help with your problems. But then, you never know. Might not help at all.

Second suggestion would be to use the editing features built into the MS itself. It looks to me like you are trying to correct the movie posters using the WEB interface (cloud server). I've never been able to get anything but spinning circles there. See my post under "Editing Meta Data on DMS. The new editing functions in the MS itself seem to work much better.

Comment

tbrown25, thank you! Renaming didn't help but I will try editing on DMS. Since I have a Video beamer and no tv, it's not ideal for me to edit on DMS directly, but I will give it a try.

Comment

I've gotten the latest beta realize loaded to my MS (1.0.3.5). That took a few tries. Apparently MS doesn't support USB drives formatted with exFat. I believe I'd asked about that before and was told that it did. The update worked perfectly as soon as I reformatted to Fat32.

I'm still having problems with getting all of my files recognized even with this latest release. Mostly it's TV shows but I'm still having problems with a few movies.

The TV shows: Greatest American Hero, Trigun, Grimm, Star Trek (original), Star Trek Enterprise, Aeon Flux, Star Trek TNG, Eureka Seven and Doctor Who (2 specials)
                        Movies: The Story fo the Weeping Camel, Shaolin Soccer and probably My Neighbor Totoro (I'm having problems pulling up from any searches.

Greatest American Hero is 2 iso files and Aeon Flux may be an issue with seasons and episode names. I've got the complete collection but I've only identified 10 episodes which sounds like season 03.

I'll try the updates on the MS itself but it would be much better if I don't have to do this so often and for so many different files. I have 270 showing in videos on the web interface though I'm pretty sure that not all of those are real and many are TV episodes.

Is there a way on Ms to define special episodes. I have a number of Star Trek BD and i've captured many of the special features as separate episodes ala Plex where I've stored them on a NAS that also handles Plex.

Comment

Well, i borrowed my father's TV. I am able to correct scraping data for movies on DMS. I am not able to correct scraping data for movies listed in the Video section, because I never see any poster wall under "DMS Videos". On the other Hand, the webinterface
                          https://dms.dvdfab.cn/#/video shows 104 movies in the Videos section. So some Things work on DMS, others on the web interface. Is there some trick to view the DMS Videos section as poster wall?
                          Attached Files

Comment

If a movie isn't recognized by its full filename, for example "Arachnophobia (1999)" and the search string has to be shortened to "Arachnophobia", scraping changes are discarded when selecting the correct poster in the web interface. When changing directly on DMS, all works fine on DMS but in the web interface, these movies are still listed under "Videos" and now have a never ending rotating circle. I have about 100 of movies behaving like that. So DVDFab Team, maybe this helps debugging.

Comment

Working...
                            X