viewing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback viewing problems

I've just downloaded 1 movie and 1 tv series and I'm having problems only on DMS. Both of these are free downloads and do not infringe on copyright.

Wing Commander Academy animated TV series was downloaded as MP4 files. I could watch this on TV and PC's, but when viewed on DMS all episodes freeze.
    Wing Commander 4 (1996) was downloaded as an AVI and converted to various resolutions and MP4 formats. All worked on TV and PC's, but not on DMS. They all froze at various times, the longest was about 26 seconds.
    Viking lost down under

Originally posted by ejm View Post
    I've just downloaded 1 movie and 1 tv series and I'm having problems only on DMS. Both of these are free downloads and do not infringe on copyright.

Wing Commander Academy animated TV series was downloaded as MP4 files. I could watch this on TV and PC's, but when viewed on DMS all episodes freeze.
    Wing Commander 4 (1996) was downloaded as an AVI and converted to various resolutions and MP4 formats. All worked on TV and PC's, but not on DMS. They all froze at various times, the longest was about 26 seconds.
    hi, emj

The files are saved in internal harddisk or in the network storage ?

Please provide one sample file to me, so I can check it.

Thanks.

Comment

Always stored on internal hard disk, have never used network storage yet. Unable to upload as attachment. Will try through PM, if this doesn't work we will have to try a different way. File is 233 MB large.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

I went and checked multiple tv series and movies and ended up with the same problem with all of them. I decided to re boot DMS.
        After re boot I tested all the ones I previously tested and found that now they all played as they should.

I always leave DMS running 24/7 because it takes a long time to be able to watch anything as it is checking the data base.
        I have also noticed that after a while you will see jerky scenes and soon after you will get the above problem.

So the only remedy I can see for this problem is to re boot DMS weekly/fortnightly.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

hi, ejm

Thanks report this, I know one problem is like that, when play it loop a long time, the jerky scenes will happened.

and our developer has fixed this problem in one branch, I need sure this branch has been merge to current release branch.

If next time,the problem happen again, please send the play log to me, the play log storage path is "smb:\\your-dms-ip\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.launch er\Log\datexxx-player.log"

Comment

ok
            Viking lost down under

Comment

cannot play ISO for more than a few seconds. Audio also seems spotty. That is Volume fluctuations

Did not have these problems on 1.0.1.0 Guess I am going back. Scrapping is pretty bad too. It has matches, just not the right movies. Not even CLOSE.

Comment

Working...
              X