Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMS v1.0.3.6 Beta is out! Please try it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Movie Server Team DMS v1.0.3.6 Beta is out! Please try it.

Dear DMS users:

First, sorry for the plan delay, now we are happy to present DMS v1036 Beta for you to help us test.

Note:
    To install this Beta, please download the update file below and use USB Update to install, following the steps below.

1. The download information:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl-dvdfab/d...pdate.1036.zip
    MD5: 2E590B74484CE3F11618D25E8D5A6EAD
    SHA1: 9776048BE3065A7D96DD687661BE546FD3EFBE6C
    CRC32: 475DFFBC

This version needs to updated by USB, below is the guide for how to update by USB:
    How to manually flash the firmware of DVDFab Movie Server?

Step 1 > Download the firmware, rename it to update.zip, then copy it to the root directory of any USB flash drive;
    Step 2 > Connect the drive to Movie Server, and go to Settings -> About -> USB Update;
    Step 3 > Choose the drive, then you will see Android robot showing up in the display, wait until the firmware is flashed;
    Step 4 > Once the firmware is flashed, you can then use the Movie Server again.

2. Major Feature Changes

2.1 The brand new local WebApp ( local html manager ) is coming back, please enter http://[your DMS IP]:32080 in your browser to visit it.
    2.2 The WebApp have the function to mange the media library, modify the metadata, fix the error Movie/TV information.
    2.3 Some problem when playing UHD/BD in menu mode
    2.4 Other minor changes

3. Known issues

3.1.When DMS are do the scrape, and write the data to the database, the initial opening of the Movie or TV page maybe very slow, need wait some time
    3.2 When there are too many Movies and TVs, the poster maybe not be correctly show it
    3.3 The Language problem which be reported in forum
    3.4 Other problems which be reported by our users in the forum

4. About the testing this version

In this version, The local WebApp is the fresh new feature, and we do some modify in the play engine.
    We have done basic and important feature testing on this version, but you may find problems we missed, so feedback is vitally important.
    Before installing this Beta version, please consider that it may have unknown issues or problems.
    If you have any suggestion or probem on the WebApp, or any playing problem, please tell me.

And special to my dear ejm, sorry for not fixed your problem in this version, so please give me some time. Thanks.

5. About Next version

Some of known issues problem have been fixed in the next version branch, which will be released in next version.
    The Open API document will release it .
    The WebApp source code will open it.

Thanks for the continued support of the DMS and the valuable feedback.
    Last edited by ting; 09-16-2018, 01:48 PM.

Almost missed this update Ting, can you put it at the top of the page and highlight it like the other updated releases, so it not overlooked. ie.
    NEW!!
    DMS v1.0.3.6 Beta is out, see inside->

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
      Almost missed this update Ting, can you put it at the top of the page and highlight it like the other updated releases, so it not overlooked. ie.
      NEW!!
      DMS v1.0.3.6 Beta is out, see inside->
      Sorry for missing this part

Comment

"3.2 When there are too many Movies and TVs, the poster maybe not be correctly show it"

How many is "too many" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rider View Post
          "3.2 When there are too many Movies and TVs, the poster maybe not be correctly show it"

How many is "too many" ?
          I have do one test for it, when there are about more than 9000 movies or tvshows, the sdcard would be not space to save the thumbnails, so the poster cannot be correctly show it.

Comment

OK, so I waited a month after this release came out to test it, to see what else might be posted. Had been running on the old 1.1.1 version because I liked the web interface and things actually worked. I have over 500 movies and now less than 100 have the correct poster. None of the collections carried over, and about a dozen have the Chinese (?) poster. So I tried the web interface to fix them, made correction, and absolutely nothing happened - either on the web interface or on the server itself. If there is any specific documentation you want, please let me know - otherwise I am going back to the old release again.

Comment

After spending another hour attempting to get the posters corrected, I decided to show you what was happening... hopefully you can see the attached video at https://share.icloud.com/photos/0qWo...e6v2O8TvhcjEYQ

Comment

Working...
              X