V1.0.3.6 the good, the bad and really bad

Updated to 1.0.3.6
    The Good:
    Local Web Browser works great.
    Collection fixes work extremely well
    Only had 5 movies as Videos to fix. Did it from the browser easily

The bad
    Previously had 335 movies. Now only 320
    Could not find them anywhere. Where could they be for me to fix.
    Kept fixing the 2018 movie "The Cured" but it kept putting name and specifications back to Chinese. Poster was correct
    Every time I opened the Web browser the movies were not in alphabetical order. Had to sort every time
    Collection on the MS were in reverse alphabetical order and no way to change
    Still no way to create my own collection name
    Cannot refresh list from local web browser

The Really Bad
    Since I was missing movies I did a rebuild.
    Movie Posters gone
    Did an update
    Still gone
    Did a restart from remote
    Still gone.
    Did a power off/on from remote
    Still gone
    Did another rebuild
    Still gone
    Did another update
    Still gone

You can watch it scan every time and it seems to go through every movie

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
    Updated to 1.0.3.6
    The Good:
    Local Web Browser works great.
    Collection fixes work extremely well
    Only had 5 movies as Videos to fix. Did it from the browser easily
    Thanks for your testing first .

Previously had 335 movies. Now only 320
    Could not find them anywhere. Where could they be for me to fix.
    Kept fixing the 2018 movie "The Cured" but it kept putting name and specifications back to Chinese. Poster was correct
    That are need to be fixed in the next version.

Every time I opened the Web browser the movies were not in alphabetical order. Had to sort every time
    Collection on the MS were in reverse alphabetical order and no way to change
    Still no way to create my own collection name
    Cannot refresh list from local web browser
    All of these missing function are on the WebApp ?

The Really Bad
    Since I was missing movies I did a rebuild.
    Movie Posters gone
    Did an update
    Still gone
    Did a restart from remote
    Still gone.
    Did a power off/on from remote
    Still gone
    Did another rebuild
    Still gone
    Did another update
    Still gone

You can watch it scan every time and it seems to go through every movie
    What your mean is all your Movies not show it, and the library is empty or All Movie Poster not show it ?

Comment

All of these missing function are on the WebApp ?

Every time I opened the Web browser the movies were not in alphabetical order. Had to sort every time. From the Web Browser
      Collection on the MS were in reverse alphabetical order and no way to change. On the MS
      Still no way to create my own collection name. From the Web Browser or MS
      Cannot refresh list from local web browser. From the Web Browser. This function is available on earlier releases

What your mean is all your Movies not show it, and the library is empty or All Movie Poster not show it ?
      No Movie posters.
      It did not delete my movie files

I went back to V1.0.1.0 and all posters are back in the Library of the MS

Comment

No Movie posters.
        It did not delete my movie files

I went back to V1.0.1.0 and all posters are back in the Library of the MS
        Thanks, "Rebuild library" will cause this problem, we are working for it.

Comment

I installed the latest update to 1.0.3.6 today.
          Scrapping seems much better. I only had 4 videos.
          I still have one movie that it cannot find anything on and it's gone. not in Videos. No where that I can find. It's "Blood Mountain" 2018

The web browser response is better but still somewhat slow compared to the version used at 1.0.1.0
          Also it seems to be sorting by the poster name, not the movie of collection name.
          An example is "James Bond Collection" is sorted by the poster of You only live twice. It shows up close to very end of the poster list

I did not do a rebuild as I don't seem to need it.

I like this version so far. I'm going to stick with it. Hopefully the items I mentioned earlier in this string will get fixed in upcoming releases.

Comment

Wanted to let you know that I ran into my first major problem with 1.0.3.6
            I left the MS powered up and went to use it today but could not. Black screen on the TV.
            Remote control did not work. Tried the power button and select with no luck.
            Could not do anything. I had to use the power switch on the back to get it usable again.

Comment

Ran into a second problem.
              Tried to play a couple of movies and they both stopped with playing issues. The MS actually stopped the movie and kicked it back to the menu.
              I had to go back to 1.0.1.0 and the movies play fine.

Comment

Hunter1955,

Have not had any of those problems but the black TV screen and DMS not responding is scary. Question, I see you went back to 1.0.1.0 before today, when you went back the first time did you get the message to update to the last OTA firmware which was 1.0.3.1, every single day, even though you have and updated to the latest 1.0.3..6 and went back to 1.0.1.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
                  Hunter1955,

Have not had any of those problems but the black TV screen and DMS not responding is scary. Question, I see you went back to 1.0.1.0 before today, when you went back the first time did you get the message to update to the last OTA firmware which was 1.0.3.1, every single day, even though you have and updated to the latest 1.0.3..6 and went back to 1.0.1.0?
                  Yes. I get that message multiple time a day

Comment

Ran into a second problem.
                    Tried to play a couple of movies and they both stopped with playing issues. The MS actually stopped the movie and kicked it back to the menu.
                    I had to go back to 1.0.1.0 and the movies play fine.
                    What type of the files have the playing problem ? Where are these files be storaged, in NAS or internal disk ?

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

What type of the files have the playing problem ? Where are these files be storaged, in NAS or internal disk ?
                      These are ISO files stored on internal disk

Comment

Working...
                      X