Crashing movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Crashing movie

Last night I decided to watch a movie on DMS. Within a minute from starting to watch the movie would start to stutter, seconds later it would crash and return to menu. I did this several times also using folder access, same result each time. I restarted DMS and tried again, same outcome.
    I pulled harddrive and tested it on PC for errors, none were found. Then I played the movie from PC and had no problems playing it.
    I put hardrive back in DMS and tried playing it again, this time there was NO problems.
    When I got up this morning I thought I would watch it only to find out that problem was back again. I than tried watching it from where it crashed. While it was trying to play movie, it showed it was buffering it. It was bouncing from 0 to 45 %. After doing this a half a dozen times it would crash and return to poster.

Just in case you ask, YES, I have watched this movie on DMS before with no problems.
    Viking lost down under

I have the same problem. Playing a TV show, it plays fine, after a few minutes it starts to lag, then crashes.

Comment

I'll revert again. I just went to watch Star Trek Voyager S02E04 and It happen again in less than 1 minute.

Reverted back to 1010, and all working great now.
      Last edited by ejm; 09-22-2018, 01:44 AM.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post
        I'll revert again. I just went to watch Star Trek Voyager S02E04 and It happen again in less than 1 minute.

Reverted back to 1010, and all working great now.
        There are still have the player.log ? If the log file is exist, please send it to me.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry Ting, To late now, I went to 1031 and have started a data base rebuild.
          Maybe stitch0852 still has his log files.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

I re did up to 1036 again, just for you Ting, so that you can get a log of the problem.
            Your file of 728557 bytes exceeds the limit of 700000. 20180922-player.log
            Had to put it into a zip file due to size. 20180922-player.zip
            Viking lost down under

Comment

i had the same experience. Stuttered then froze then returned to the file list. Interesting that was not in the same place as I tried several times to play a movie. Reverted to 1031 and problems went away. I think there is a serious flaw in the 1036 version.

Comment

Yea, mine were within a couple of frames of each other.
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Stitch0852 will have her log file. Just tell me how to get to it. Happened with another tonight. Ripped season 1 disc 1 of Charlie's Angels. It plays for about 2-5 minutes, stutters, crash. I go back in, fast forward to where it happened, it plays a few minutes and does it again. Has done it repeatedly on this show (just like last night different show). I ripped the disc using DVDFab version 10.2.1.5 today.

As of now I have two bricks, because they cannot play a movie/show for more than a few minutes before locking up and going back to the main screen.

Comment

Have sent you a PM stitch0852.
                    Viking lost down under

Comment

1. The source name and type (common file, BD/DVD/UHD folder or ISO)
                      2. Where is the source is storaged, in internal disk or the NAS device
                      3. Which mode of file playing, menu mode or other mode.
                      4. the xxx-player.log, you can get the log file on smb://your-dms-ip/share/sdcard/Android/data/org.dvdfab.box.launcher/Log/ , please zip the log file and set as attachment file as the post or just PM to me.
                      1/ MP4 files only. (only got MP4 and AVI's)
                      2/ Internal 8 TB drive.
                      3/ all methods allowed by DMS (failed), PC's (ok)
                      4/ Already sent.
                      Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                      X