Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GUI is still not working ... and totally disillusioned by this movie server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUI is still not working ... and totally disillusioned by this movie server.

What can I say? The GUI is a total disaster. I've never got support like most of the Chinese products I've bought.

After a long time, I've tried to add a new blue ray but never I was able to see it in the GUI. I've tried 3 times, using the last DVDFab 11, same thing. When I'm trying to see it in the Video menu, directories are empty (!). I've put the hard drive out of the server and connect it on my server, and was able to see the 3 copies of the blue ray! On the 250 films I have, only 127 are shown on the GUI. I've tried to rebuild the library, and now I've lost all!

This thing is really not something I will suggest to my friends and customers, don't touch it!

The only option working, is the file manager...Like my first computer, 30 years ago ...

YM
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

Originally posted by ymartin View Post

After a long time, I've tried to add a new blue ray but never I was able to see it in the GUI. I've tried 3 times, using the last DVDFab 11, same thing. When I'm trying to see it in the Video menu, directories are empty (!). I've put the hard drive out of the server and connect it on my server, and was able to see the 3 copies of the blue ray! On the 250 films I have, only 127 are shown on the GUI. I've tried to rebuild the library, and now I've lost all!
    hi, Which version is your using ?

Please try to rebuild Library again. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

hi, Which version is your using ?

Please try to rebuild Library again. Thanks.
      I have the version 2.1.1, using DVDFab 11. Screen is empty. I did a rebuild... same thing.

We have no control about the files and the GUI. Before, it was easy to use the file system then attribute each file for each film, add a poster, etc. Now, it is not possible, the software control everything from a remote server ... and it is always a surprise party!

The only option working is "Video" -> "SATA Hard Drive...", even the menu "Video" -> "DMS Video" show empty files ! (But the files are there).

YM
      Yves,
      YMartin.com

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

hi, Which version is your using?

Please try to rebuild the Library again. Thanks.
        I did the rebuild 3 times, and finally get something, but a lot of my films are not there...
        YM
        Yves,
        YMartin.com

Comment

Originally posted by ymartin View Post

I have the version 2.1.1, using DVDFab 11. Screen is empty. I did a rebuild... same thing.

YM
          ymartin, I think Ting wants to know the firmware version that you are having problems with, think with so many updates since 1.0.1.0 everybody is not on the same page as what they are using and prefer, to help would be to know what firmware you are having problems with, example the firmware updates start as noted - 1.0.X.X. Not sure on the movie server update.....….is version 2.1.1 of the movie server new, only have 1.1.1 on mines. But try relaying back which firmware is acting up on you....sounds like 1.0.3.7 but that's only a guess.

Comment

Working...
          X