DMS Keeps Losing Login Token - SDK 1.0.3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS Keeps Losing Login Token - SDK 1.0.3.8

This has become very annoying as it has to be redone almost every time the DMS is turned on.

The symptom is that it will not add videos to the poster list and it will not sync to Member Center (dms.dvdfab.cn). If you look at the logs it will say the usercenter login token is empty.

The problem is easily fixed, you just go to Settings/Member Center in DMS and do a Relogin. It would be better if it would at least warn the user that the token is empty and ask if you want to Relogin. This is a new problem as I don't recall it being an issue until SDK 1.0.3.7.

Originally posted by johnw413 View Post
    This has become very annoying as it has to be redone almost every time the DMS is turned on.

The symptom is that it will not add videos to the poster list and it will not sync to Member Center (dms.dvdfab.cn). If you look at the logs it will say the usercenter login token is empty.

The problem is easily fixed, you just go to Settings/Member Center in DMS and do a Relogin. It would be better if it would at least warn the user that the token is empty and ask if you want to Relogin. This is a new problem as I don't recall it being an issue until SDK 1.0.3.7.
    hi,

In most case, DMS will using the token be saved in database or settings file, should not be reported this problem, Please send your log to me first, I will check it,

and In v1038, you will see the icon of login status in top right of homepage, if there is show the status of unlogin, just try to the relogin.

Thanks.

Comment

I have uploaded the log files for the DMS. I see the icon and I can fix it with a relogin.

I move the DMS to my PC where I can use its LAN for copying as the WiFi is too slow. Then I move back to the TV. I don't connect to WiFi at the TV because the signal is weak.
      I don't know if that is when the token is lost but when I take it back to the LAN it usually needs a relogin.
      Last edited by ting; 01-22-2019, 02:40 AM. Reason: download it

Comment

I can't download or view the log files, but based on your last bit of information, I can only guess is that your DHCP server is assigning a different IP address when you switch from wireless to wired. Try assigning the same IP address to the two different MAC addresses in your DHCP server and see if this solves your problem. If the token contains the MAC information then this fix would not work. You can test this by hard coding the IP address in the DMS and using just the wired connection when moving from one location to another. If you don't have the issue anymore then try with another IP address. If changing the IP causes the issue to return then the token contains the IP. If changing from wired to wireless using the same IP causes the issue then the token contains the MAC address.

Comment

I don't switch to WiFi. The LAN IP is always 192.168.2.100. The WiFi stays disconnected. The LAN is connected to a router that connects both PC and DMS to the wider Internet. As I mentioned, the transfer of .iso files is just too slow over WiFi. Since the Google Play store doesn't work I can't add other apps but just use DMS for movies. So, when it is connected to the TV I don't know why I need a WiFi connection for the DMS. It is true that when I have tried to connect using WiFi it has a different IP, but I decided not to confuse DMS. I would think the login token is based on the serial number of the DMS and not a MAC address, but the log does not make that clear.

This is what the log shows when the token is lost:

17:26:56 info: usercenter: empty token, using settings file value
          17:26:56 info: usercenter: empty token in settings file, try to get from database
          17:26:56 info: usercenter: not get token, maybe is the first start, not login history data
          17:26:56 info: AutoLogin: waiting for LoginWithToken finished

It doesn't say it failed but it did.

When the login fails the DMS cannot sync with dms.dvdfab.cn and the scraper fails. It is easily fixed but this didn't become a problem until about SDK 1.0.3.7.

The DMS log files are very confusing because they have no dates, just times.

Thanks for the help but I don't think that IP or MAC is the problem. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by johnw413 View Post
            I don't switch to WiFi. The LAN IP is always 192.168.2.100. The WiFi stays disconnected. The LAN is connected to a router that connects both PC and DMS to the wider Internet. As I mentioned, the transfer of .iso files is just too slow over WiFi. Since the Google Play store doesn't work I can't add other apps but just use DMS for movies. So, when it is connected to the TV I don't know why I need a WiFi connection for the DMS. It is true that when I have tried to connect using WiFi it has a different IP, but I decided not to confuse DMS. I would think the login token is based on the serial number of the DMS and not a MAC address, but the log does not make that clear.

This is what the log shows when the token is lost:

17:26:56 info: usercenter: empty token, using settings file value
            17:26:56 info: usercenter: empty token in settings file, try to get from database
            17:26:56 info: usercenter: not get token, maybe is the first start, not login history data
            17:26:56 info: AutoLogin: waiting for LoginWithToken finished

It doesn't say it failed but it did.

When the login fails the DMS cannot sync with dms.dvdfab.cn and the scraper fails. It is easily fixed but this didn't become a problem until about SDK 1.0.3.7.

The DMS log files are very confusing because they have no dates, just times.

Thanks for the help but I don't think that IP or MAC is the problem. Thanks!
            hi, johnw413

I have checke your log, there are two days logs file, one is 20190118-server.log, and another is 20190119-server.log, the prfix of log file is the date of log file .

In 20190118-server.log, the log token is missed, and there are one relogin action, after do this, 20190118, 20190119 all are normal.

11:42:21 info: AutoLogin: user not login, begin try to login it
            11:42:21 info: usercenter: empty token, using settings file value
            11:42:23 info: usercenter: set user info: token[xxxx], usrid[xxxx]
            11:42:23 info: set displayName[DVDFab Movie Server]
            11:42:25 info: LoginWithToken: succcessed !

when the DMS restart, if the icon show unlogin, in the normal case, after autologin finished, the icon will show the status of logined.

Thanks.

Comment

The log files I uploaded were what was downloaded when I went to Settings in the DMS web server page. The entries of the logs are from many days, not just 2. I wanted to let you know that this problem started about the time 1.0.3.7 was released and let others know what the symptoms were and how to fix it. Thanks for adding the icon!

Comment

Working...
              X