Movies With More Than One DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies With More Than One DVD

I have a lot of movies with more than one disk. The .meta file has no provision for disk 1, disk 2, etc. How am I supposed to copy multiple disks that point to the same poster? Does the scraper use the DISCID? I am afraid to copy more than the first disk because I don't know if it the second disk will overwrite the first. Maybe not, since the volume label is different? Right now I copy the second disk to a blank DVD but that is not a great solution.

Have you tried the merge function? I have 'The Stand' by Stephen King and it is two DVDs. Ripped both disk to separate files, then 'drag and dropped' them into the main programs window and then clicked on the merge function. This yields a single file that will give you a single poster. I've done this to a couple of movies and it seems to work like a charm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Merge.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	364459

Comment

about this... Dead Eye ... was the rip you used ISO or another format ?

Comment

I do main movie rips to .mkv files only...I have the physical media for all my movies and I've never played any bonus content or extras when I played movies with them, or for that matter chapter seeks. Not sure if the merge function would work on two .iso files, but I doubt it. You could put that question to the mods or engineering, or just try it. You would find out in short order if the program allowed it.

Comment

Thanks, Dead Eye, for the tip. I usually do copy to .iso because I can burn a DVD if I ever need or want to. Having a Full Disc copy is often needed depending upon its subtitles. For example, "The Revenant" has subtitles for French and Indian dialog that disappear if I just do a main copy.

I might try a 2-disk set and see what problems I have. I really wish we had more manual control over the Fix Match function. But simply adding a disk number could solve a number of problems, especially when dealing with series-type movies.

Comment

No problem johnw413. I watch a lot of documentaries and other educational videos so the meta data function(aka..scraper) doesn't do to well on those so I use the .nomedia file trick to prevent the scraper from looking in certain directories. I only let it look in the 'Movies' directory, everything else is off limits. I rarely use the poster wall anyways.

I have the Stephen Spielberg's 'TAKEN', it is 6 disk with disk 6 being bonus material. Each disk has 2 episodes, I ripped each disks episodes and merged all 10 episodes to a single file and it worked. I did pay close attention to how the program orders the episode and had to name the files accordingly.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X