Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Eye
    replied
    Hunter1955...it is pretty easy and straight forward to 'Upgrade'...check the disk...then downgrade back to V1.0.1.0. It would seem to me that would reveal if it was an OS problem or even the sdcard itself. I don't know a lot about Android and how it manages its file table, or if it even has one.

Do the "ghost" entries have all the same properties as the regular file like size, date created and so on? Maybe try renaming one of the files that has a lot of duplicate copies and see if the OS updates all the "Ghost" files or creates new ghost files with the new file name.
    Last edited by Dead Eye; 01-27-2019, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Originally posted by october262 View Post

try updating to the latest firmware beta version - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-7-beta-is-out
    Been hoping to avoid that right now.. V1.0.1.0 does most everything I need. I've had a lot of issues with the newer versions

Leave a comment:

• october262
    replied
    Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
    Update: Took drive out of DMS and hooked it to a docking station on my PC... It works fine.
    It has to be something in the DMS.
    try updating to the latest firmware beta version - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-7-beta-is-out

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Update: Took drive out of DMS and hooked it to a docking station on my PC... It works fine.
    It has to be something in the DMS.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Signals,
    Been there and done that. I turned off Windows Search option for the whole computer. Made no difference.

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    When you see the "green bar" growing, Windows is indexing the drive (for faster opening and searches),This annoying behavior can be turned off (see this: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/com...-local-drives/) Certain utilities (like Search Everything) do something similar which can also gum up the works.

I can't duplicate the multiple entries thing. I am no longer running v1010 but do not remember it. I have a 4TB drive in my DMS that has a GPT style partition and NTFS file system that was formatted on a PC, not by the DMS.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Dead Eye, Thanks for the idea. I don't think it's a disk problem. I can remove the disk from the DMS and use file explorer to look at a directory on the DMS that list the same movies
    on the disk. It does the same thing. I think something is hosed up in the DMS. I just don't know how to erase everything from the DMS at V1.0.1.0
    Not sure if I should do a factory reset from the advanced settings in the DMS or what

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    Hi Hunter1955, I'm in a dual boot between Win 7 and Win 10 but I think the file system handler is the same. Can you move(cut) those directories to another drive so you could restore them if problems arise? Maybe try a scan-disk on the drive while it is connected to your Win 10 system and see if the file allocation table is corrupted?

I totally reorganized the directory(move, cut, copy and create) structure on my 8TB drive and haven't seen anything like what you describe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X