X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Originally posted by october262 View Post

try updating to the latest firmware beta version - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-7-beta-is-out
    Been hoping to avoid that right now.. V1.0.1.0 does most everything I need. I've had a lot of issues with the newer versions

Leave a comment:

• october262
    replied
    Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
    Update: Took drive out of DMS and hooked it to a docking station on my PC... It works fine.
    It has to be something in the DMS.
    try updating to the latest firmware beta version - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-7-beta-is-out

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Update: Took drive out of DMS and hooked it to a docking station on my PC... It works fine.
    It has to be something in the DMS.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Signals,
    Been there and done that. I turned off Windows Search option for the whole computer. Made no difference.

Leave a comment:

• signals
    replied
    When you see the "green bar" growing, Windows is indexing the drive (for faster opening and searches),This annoying behavior can be turned off (see this: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/com...-local-drives/) Certain utilities (like Search Everything) do something similar which can also gum up the works.

I can't duplicate the multiple entries thing. I am no longer running v1010 but do not remember it. I have a 4TB drive in my DMS that has a GPT style partition and NTFS file system that was formatted on a PC, not by the DMS.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    replied
    Dead Eye, Thanks for the idea. I don't think it's a disk problem. I can remove the disk from the DMS and use file explorer to look at a directory on the DMS that list the same movies
    on the disk. It does the same thing. I think something is hosed up in the DMS. I just don't know how to erase everything from the DMS at V1.0.1.0
    Not sure if I should do a factory reset from the advanced settings in the DMS or what

Leave a comment:

• Dead Eye
    replied
    Hi Hunter1955, I'm in a dual boot between Win 7 and Win 10 but I think the file system handler is the same. Can you move(cut) those directories to another drive so you could restore them if problems arise? Maybe try a scan-disk on the drive while it is connected to your Win 10 system and see if the file allocation table is corrupted?

I totally reorganized the directory(move, cut, copy and create) structure on my 8TB drive and haven't seen anything like what you describe.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1955
    started a topic Experiencing new problem

Experiencing new problem

I'm running version 1.0.1.0
    I use Win 10 File Explorer to fix any file names on the DMS
    Within the last week File Explorer for the DMS is not working correctly
    When I open the MS DVDFAB Movie directory it tries to do a refresh of the directory list
    In the file path window left of the search window a green bar starts from the left and goes right. It goes on for a very long time.
    During this time the the directory items count continues to increase, I let it run for quite a while once and the count was over 24 million and locked up.
    Depending on how long I let that green bar refresh go it is listing every director in movies multiple times. I stopped it after a few seconds and I had 95 listings for 2 Guns.
    I let it run for 30 seconds and there were now 333 listings for 2 Guns,

This is not happening for any other directory on my system. Tried it on a different USB attached disk with no issues
    I have tried a few health checks of my system and all comes up clean.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Update: I removed the internal disk of the DMS and looked through some of the directories.
    In path Android/share/sda/sda2/DVDFAB/Movies
    This has a list of all the directories I have on this internal disk and the same thing happens when I display it.
    Multiple entries for each directory depending on how long I let it run
    I would like to delete this directory but I'm not sure of the consequences
    Last edited by Hunter1955; 01-25-2019, 07:11 PM.
Working...
X