DVDFab Forum - DMS content on PC browser different to DMS poster content on the hardware DMS

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMS content on PC browser different to DMS poster content on the hardware DMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DMS v1.0.3.7 Beta DMS content on PC browser different to DMS poster content on the hardware DMS

    Now this is really strange. The Movie Poster content is different depending on where I am looking at it.

    If I access my DMS from https://dms.dvdfab.cn/#/film then I see 27 movie posters (which is correct number)
    If I access my DMS from http://(local_ip):32080/#/movie then I see 20 movie posters and in the Video section I see 6 movie titles with blank posers which don't refresh even when I Fix Match
    If I look on my TV displaying the DMS screen I see 20 movie posters.

    Why aren't these all syncing correctly?

    Surely they should all be the same..

    Any idea what is going on?

  • #2
    Me too out of 24movies 18 movies on poster wall the rest are missing

    movies on the DMS sata 10 of are named but no posters if I edit them

    i can get the correct scraping metadata but when you go back after

    editing nothing has been saved. If I eject the hard drive and replace

    with another populated with different movies the DMS sata has

    retained the previous movies and 6 off the new hard drive.
    Last edited by pronto1st; 02-09-2019, 05:04 PM. Reason: duplicated text

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes exactly, editing (Fix Match) locates the correct metadata but it isn't saved or updated..

      DVDFab Movie Server Manager 0.0.4 (201811071055) is showing in the Settings.

      I think this version is seriously broken.

      Comment


      • #4
        Guys,
        Not sure this will help but I have done this in the past and it has helped me with missing movies.
        I've had it find movies that it never found before. After doing this the DMS will reboot and rebuild the library.

        Go to Settings/advance settings/apps/Tab over to all, select DVDFAB movie server then clear data. It went great.
        I think I cleared cache first.

        Good Luck

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Hunter. Thanks for your feedback.

          Maybe you are running a different version of DVDFab DMS?

          From the main screen there is SETTINGS/GENERAL/ADVANCE SETTINGS/APPS but in the list there is only the Google/Android apps listed and DVDFab is not one of the apps or choices.

          I did find SETTINGS/GENERAL/ADVANCED SETTINGS/STORAGE and there was Cache mentioned twice on the list, once under internal memory and the other under storage. So I tabbed over them individually and pressed enter to clear. It cleared the cache memory.

          I had to then manually power off the DMS.

          On restart the poster wall was still wrong so I REBUILT the Library from the options menu.

          On DMS restart the library refreshed but still showing incorrect number of movies.

          On my PC browser I went to (local ip):32080 and under the video tab found the missing movie and FIX MATCH. The movie was matched and stored.

          The Library on the DMS is now correct.

          There is still a problem however on how the DMS displays Movie Collections.

          On the DMS TV screen it shows the "Movie Collections" Posters correctly with the number of included movies in the collection as a small number on blue tab on the top right of the poster. BUT under the Main Movies or ALL options, Posters Do NOT display the number of movies in the collection on the top right of the posters.

          For example Jurassic Park under Movie Collections shows 3 in the top right in a blue tab ( 3 movies in the Jurassic Park collection) but in the ALL movie display does NOT display this number and the other two movies in the collection are missing from the poster wall. If you select the movie poster then the collection displays correctly on screen.

          The bug is that the blue tab with movies in the collection is NOT showing on the movie poster in the Movie or ALL view options.

          On the Browser it works correctly.

          Another bug is that the Movie TOTAL displayed in the ALL is wrong. It does not include the movies in collections in the total. So my DMS shows All (21 in Total) but in fact there are a total of 27 movies. 21 movies plus 6 movies in the movie collections

          The programmers need to add these bugs to their fix it list.

          Hope this helps.
          Last edited by mgn; 02-10-2019, 06:08 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            mgn,
            After going to SETTINGS/GENERAL/ADVANCE SETTINGS/APPS look at the top. You can TAB over to get to ALL
            Then down the list you will find DVDFAB Movie Server

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
              mgn,
              After going to SETTINGS/GENERAL/ADVANCE SETTINGS/APPS look at the top. You can TAB over to get to ALL
              Then down the list you will find DVDFAB Movie Server
              Just tried this, cleared all movies and then tried to rebuild library. DMS shows the movies being scanned but then goes back to the movie library empty screen so no movie posters or metadata on show. One step forward two steps back as usual with the DMS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pronto1st View Post

                Just tried this, cleared all movies and then tried to rebuild library. DMS shows the movies being scanned but then goes back to the movie library empty screen so no movie posters or metadata on show. One step forward two steps back as usual with the DMS
                This is the special problem, please PM me about your email, and I will check it for you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mgn View Post
                  Now this is really strange. The Movie Poster content is different depending on where I am looking at it.

                  If I access my DMS from https://dms.dvdfab.cn/#/film then I see 27 movie posters (which is correct number)
                  If I access my DMS from http://(local_ip):32080/#/movie then I see 20 movie posters and in the Video section I see 6 movie titles with blank posers which don't refresh even when I Fix Match
                  If I look on my TV displaying the DMS screen I see 20 movie posters.

                  Why aren't these all syncing correctly?

                  Surely they should all be the same..

                  Any idea what is going on?
                  Yes, this is the be known issuse, which will be happened in some case, I am working for the new version for solve this problem completely.

                  Thanks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ting View Post

                    This is the special problem, please PM me about your email, and I will check it for you.
                    I sent a pm asking about my problem but no reply, sorry if your still on vacation

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pronto1st View Post

                      I sent a pm asking about my problem but no reply, sorry if your still on vacation
                      Sorry for just saw your PM, We have begin to work a long time, just busy for the develop working.

                      What my mean is please sent your email to me, so I can the exception in dms.dvdfab.cn.

                      Thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ting View Post

                        Sorry for just saw your PM, We have begin to work a long time, just busy for the develop working.
                        f
                        What my mean is please sent your email to me, so I can the exception in dms.dvdfab.cn.

                        Thanks
                        Hello ting I have sent you a PM with my email as requested

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ting View Post

                          Yes, this is the be known issuse, which will be happened in some case, I am working for the new version for solve this problem completely.

                          Thanks.
                          Hello DMS project manager.

                          Can you advise a time line as to when the DMS will be fixed. It is the most frustrating part of DMS and having to rebuild library every-time i add a new title is very annoying. I still have problems with some titles continually returning to Video section as unmatched after I have already fixed match.

                          This is really an urgent requirement as it affects the functionality of your DMS hardware.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X