Question about prepping Blu-Ray ISO Files and the Movie Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about prepping Blu-Ray ISO Files and the Movie Server

As I've previously posted and have had questions of getting my huge DVD/mostly Blu-Ray Library ready to be put on the DVD Fab Movie/Media Server that I'm going to buy, I have yet another question. It may sound stupid, so I apologize.

I've been using both DVD Copy and BR Copy for all our tv shows on mainly on DVD but a few Blu-Ray ones too. I take each disc, do the FULL DISC mode, create the ISO file, then have an exact copy of our show.
    Next I burn it to discs from the ISO files. Then we eventually watch them within a month or two. All is well, seldom if ever are there any problems on playback unless I've scratched the disc or something like that.

Anyway, so yesterday, I had decided to start taking all our movies and start the forever longggg process of prepping them for the new server to be.
    We decided we just want to make a ISO File of the main movie only of each Blu-Ray. We never seem to watch any extras on discs so why include them?

I did just that with Captain Phillips... made a main movie ISO File.
    So now it will be ready to load onto the server when I get it.

Now my question? Am I going to have to watch / re-watch each and every one of my movies that I covert into ISO Files to make sure they are created correctly?
    We have close to 250 movies BR and about another 50 still on DVD at this point in time.

Or, should I assume that DVDFab will create the ISO's just fine and we can watch them later whenever we get around to it, with no worries?

What is everyone's success rate for doing this?

Thank you for any examples / info any of you can share.

IDK about others but I've had a very high rate of success doing it that way. Once in a while It chose the wrong file for main movie, like the original Frankenstein, it chose the German version. Very rare though. I started checking it before it made the iso image.

Comment

I've had no issues with DVDFAB making a good backup ISO file to the DMS.

Comment

I would highly recommend you wait to see if the next version of the firmware makes this player actually work before you buy it. They have yet to release a stable firmware that makes the player usable. Notice how all firmware versions they've released are betas. I regret having purchased mine as it's been sitting in my junk pile waiting for a somewhat usable firmware to be released.

Comment

Originally posted by duc135@gmail.com View Post
          I would highly recommend you wait to see if the next version of the firmware makes this player actually work before you buy it. They have yet to release a stable firmware that makes the player usable. Notice how all firmware versions they've released are betas. I regret having purchased mine as it's been sitting in my junk pile waiting for a somewhat usable firmware to be released.
          I'm very sorry to hear you're having problems. I hope they get their issues resolved. I'm not buying this immediately. Hope to within the next few months.

But my concern is that I'm wanting input from other users when, creating ISO files.

Do you ever have any playback problems from making a main movie ISO? I know we can watch them using the VLC player, but I was hoping I don't have to re-watch every single movie I have to make sure it created correctly. If that is the case, it would probably take me years to create and re-watch them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

I'm very sorry to hear you're having problems. I hope they get their issues resolved. I'm not buying this immediately. Hope to within the next few months.

But my concern is that I'm wanting input from other users when, creating ISO files.

Do you ever have any playback problems from making a main movie ISO? I know we can watch them using the VLC player, but I was hoping I don't have to re-watch every single movie I have to make sure it created correctly. If that is the case, it would probably take me years to create and re-watch them all.
            I have not used the player to watch any movies as it was not usable at the time I bought it. I was an early adopter and at the time it did not support files stored on a NAS as was promised. I do use DVDFab to rip my movies, but only in full disc mode as I do watch the extras included in the discs. I have had no major issues using Kodi installed on my NUCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

We are working for the new version. the major problem of current version is the library not very stable, but the playing of ISO file for MainMovie and Menu are OK.

DMS/DVDFab can play the correct playlist of Mainmovie in most time.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X