Suddenly off line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Suddenly off line

DMD v 1.0.0.8. The dreaded x suddenly appeared on top right hand side of home screen. Tried to log on again. Told to log off. Logged off. Entered registration details. Activated. Told internet connection down. Not so. Now completely unable to boot up.

Further to this.. my credentials are clearly recognised. If I enter false ones I get message wrong e-mail or password. Enter right ones, told internet connection down. The internet connection must be OK for this process to operate. All my other devices are connecting with internet OK. I can also access the DMS on my lan from my computer and even run movies from the SATA and attached USBs on it.
    Further to this... I can access the DMS by the local web app. It just won't run! Help

Comment

Which version ? v1008 ?

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
        Which version ? v1008 ?
        Sorry that was a typo. It is v.1038. Came to boot up again this morning. Still cannot activate. It tries to but then gives me message "Internet connection failure. Please check your connection and try again." I have tried. The connection is by ethernet on to my LAN. Can see no connection problem. In the connection phase of the booting process I select English. Then connect to correct address. Will not activate with correct credentials. It is visible on my LAN from my computer.

Comment

Further to this problem... I have managed to get to the home screen by long pressing the "O" key on the remote. However, I am still not logged in. Should I now try v 2003? If so, how do I download it?

Comment

Originally posted by wasim27488 View Post
            Further to this problem... I have managed to get to the home screen by long pressing the "O" key on the remote. However, I am still not logged in. Should I now try v 2003? If so, how do I download it?
            Yes, I suggest you try the new beta version, many users have upgraded it,

Please check this link to download it :

Important! Read This Before Updating/Testing with v200x from v10xx : I. 1. The function of automatically upgrading the database from old version (v10xx) is

Comment

Ting...just to confirm...the v2xxx series of the SDK is Android 7?

Comment

I now have a very major problem. As I said in previous posts, I have been unable to activate. I get the internet connection fault message. I decided to take your advice to upgrade to 2002. I cleaned the data and then update.
                The SDK would not update. I simply got taken back to the log on screen which does not work.
                I now have no library and am still unable to log on and therefore unable to build library. I can get to the home screen by long pressing the "0" key on the remote but now I have no movies or TV shows. Until today I had 1800 movies. This is a disaster for me. Am I being locked out of the DVDFab site?

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                  Ting...just to confirm...the v2xxx series of the SDK is Android 7?
                  Not yet, still need wait some time.

Comment

I now have a very major problem. As I said in previous posts, I have been unable to activate. I get the internet connection fault message. I decided to take your advice to upgrade to 2002. I cleaned the data and then update.
                    The SDK would not update. I simply got taken back to the log on screen which does not work.
                    I now have no library and am still unable to log on and therefore unable to build library. I can get to the home screen by long pressing the "0" key on the remote but now I have no movies or TV shows. Until today I had 1800 movies. This is a disaster for me. Am I being locked out of the DVDFab site?
                    Did you upgrade to SDK v2002 ? in v2002, you can skip the step of active, and which will working no problem.

Comment

OK.Thanks Ting. I have successfully installed 2002. Skipped the Activate process. Seems, in principle to be an improved version. However, I have 2 major problems.

1. The attached USB drives are detected and scraping runs (with some fixable errors). ( As is the SATA drive.) Unfortunately, only the first partition is detected. My HDDs are divided into 2 or 3 partitions. (This was because of the limitation to 2 TB on a previous media server) I could merge the partitions but this runs the risk of losing whole partitions. Is there likely to be an update to fix this?

2. I am completely unable to access SMB network shares by the DMS. When I try to add a path on the DMS I get "Failure accessing the server due to an unknown error" The web app doesn't work either. This does not show any error messages but won't show any sub folders on the drive.

Neither of these errors occurred when I had 1038 working.
                      Last edited by wasim27488; 05-12-2019, 12:02 PM. Reason: This is my latest log file sorry file would not upload get message "error uploading image"

Comment

I don't have an answer for the USB muliti partition, but for SMB, I can verify that it works for me. I configured it via the web browser and just entered my IP address alone (not smb://ipaddress)
                        Try that and see if it works for you.

Comment

Thanks Basementjack. As you implied, I got the network addresses wrong. Now fixed.
                          However, we have a more difficult and fundamental problem. As I indicated, only one partition is recognised on attached, by powered hub, USB drives. What is worse, is that despite indications that the problem would be solved in this version, the disk identifiers are randomly allocated on boot up. So for the purposes of the argument, I have 4 USB HDDs attached to the server. These are called (not really) HDD1, HDD2, HDD3 and HDD4. On boot up this morning HDD1 was called UsbB1 on the server, HDD2 was UsbB2, HDD3 was Usb3 and HDD4 UsbB4. When I restarted the server, HDD1 became UsbB2, HDD2 was UsbB3, HDD3 was UsbB4 and HDD4 became UsbB1. This completely destroys the poster wall addresses and make the movies unplayable from it. This is surely fundamental and needs to be resolved. One possibility is to mount the drives / partitions using the UUIDs. As most of my movies are on USB HDDs, this, for me is disastrous.
                          More positively. v2002 has some much improved characteristics. The scraping, for example seems more intelligent and is faster... well done developers.

Comment

Thanks Basementjack. As you implied, I got the network addresses wrong. Now fixed.
                            However, we have a more difficult and fundamental problem. As I indicated, only one partition is recognised on attached, by powered hub, USB drives. What is worse, is that despite indications that the problem would be solved in this version, the disk identifiers are randomly allocated on boot up. So for the purposes of the argument, I have 4 USB HDDs attached to the server. These are called (not really) HDD1, HDD2, HDD3 and HDD4. On boot up this morning HDD1 was called UsbB1 on the server, HDD2 was UsbB2, HDD3 was Usb3 and HDD4 UsbB4. When I restarted the server, HDD1 became UsbB2, HDD2 was UsbB3, HDD3 was UsbB4 and HDD4 became UsbB1. This completely destroys the poster wall addresses and make the movies unplayable from it. This is surely fundamental and needs to be resolved. One possibility is to mount the drives / partitions using the UUIDs. As most of my movies are on USB HDDs, this, for me is disastrous.
                            More positively. v2002 has some much improved characteristics. The scraping, for example seems more intelligent and is faster... well done developers.
                            In current SDK, we cannot given the fixed name for HDD after USB port, because we receive the loading message is random,
                            so the solution of this problem is support Removeable storage, which has been add to our working plan.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X