New Added Movies Still An Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Added Movies Still An Issue

New added movies still takes forever to post on the wall after sending movies to the server.

Sometimes it's taking 8-10 hours without intervention, like 'Update Library' which works part time, meaning it doesn't work to add new movies from the HDD all the time. 'Refresh' is still a do nothing option that does nothing. When you change anything from your SATA Hard Drive in the Movies folder, the movies you update does not get rid of the meta data for that movie, it adds a second exact copy of the movie you corrected with the updated link to the wall but also keeps the old meta data link and thumbnail. So you have two movie thumbnail copies on the wall. So being that there is two now, it generates a collection on the wall for those two same thumbnail movies. The only way to correct this is to do a 'Rebuild Library' to fix those old links.

An example that I ran into is some of the old movies that came out on DVD are remastered for Blue Ray / 4K, when that is done the real year of the movie doesn't follow when ripping movies to the server, the year that it was remastered is the new year for the movie. ie movie was made in 1998, remastered in 2010, 2010 shows up on the HDD movie link. In correcting the year or even the title generates an extra thumbnail copy. You can not delete extra copies from the server wall and you can not delete it using the WebApp. 'Rebuild Library' appears to be your only updated option..….The movies taking forever to show on the wall and having to rebuild the library all the time is getting old...…….The good is, everything is staying updated and intact after rebuilding the library for me, it wasn't doing that in earlier V2XXX versions and had to correct the same four movies. Did not see anything in development updates for these issues and needs to be addressed also.

Sent log reference ID: 142916

Comment

They don't disappear after you delete them either.

Comment

these are very important features which should have been fixed long time ago...after almost two years it is still a problem ..adding and deleting a movie should not be problem..it should do it immediately..please fix them as soon as possible.

Comment

DMS v2003 Beta. I've found that new movies update quickly on "Update Library. Moreover, "Update Path" now works. However, old thumbnails are not deleted from the DMS

Comment

Originally posted by hifikid80 View Post
            these are very important features which should have been fixed long time ago...after almost two years it is still a problem ..adding and deleting a movie should not be problem..it should do it immediately..please fix them as soon as possible.
            Ditto...……..totally agree with hifikid80, don't know about two years since I was using 1.0.1.0 exclusively without noted issues. Adding and deleting movies should not be a problem, this should not be an option but rather a prerequisite for any movie server.

Comment

OK, I will do it in high priority.

I will provide this feature in WebApp first in next version

Thanks.
              Last edited by ting; 05-20-2019, 02:19 AM.

Comment

I had a similar issue with Beta 2.0.0.3 taking a long time to index movies or TV shows when I tried to change or re-add a library previously indexed in 2.0.0.2 that was subsequently deleted. Sometimes the movies or shows would never appear, sometimes after 8-10 hours. I "Clean(ed) Data" as noted in the sticky note and was able to rebuild my entire 600 movie library and 100 episode TV shows in less than 15 minutes. It looks like database is getting corrupted or causing some issues when refreshing, changing or adding libraries.

Comment

Working...
                X