DMS showing double posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS showing double posters

Ok. I have a few movie "Trailers" along with the movie itself in the same folder structure and they are labeled as Movie Name.ext, and Movie Name - Trailer.ext.

I know that the DMS will show both as the same poster, but I am not able to name one as the trailer and the other as the movie.. if I change the name on the one that is the trailer, it changes both poster names to Movie Name - trailer.ext.

It would be a nice feature if the DMS would ignore any video that has "trailer" in the name and possibly link that video in the Metadata window to show the trailer instead of the movie.

Info on the posters on the right are usually the Trailer, and the ones one the left are the Movies. It doesn't matter which one that I change they both change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Posters.png
Views:	205
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	368345

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post
    Ok. I have a few movie "Trailers" along with the movie itself in the same folder structure and they are labeled as Movie Name.ext, and Movie Name - Trailer.ext.

I know that the DMS will show both as the same poster, but I am not able to name one as the trailer and the other as the movie.. if I change the name on the one that is the trailer, it changes both poster names to Movie Name - trailer.ext.

It would be a nice feature if the DMS would ignore any video that has "trailer" in the name and possibly link that video in the Metadata window to show the trailer instead of the movie.

Info on the posters on the right are usually the Trailer, and the ones one the left are the Movies. It doesn't matter which one that I change they both change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Posters.png
Views:	205
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	368345

I just check the code, DMS will process the file name with "-trailer" and ignore the case, which is the standard trailer format, so I think maybe you can change your name style or just wait DMS add the support of "- Trailer", and I also have plan to list the trailer in Movie Detail page.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

I just check the code, DMS will process the file name with "-trailer" and ignore the case, which is the standard trailer format, so I think maybe you can change your name style or just wait DMS add the support of "- Trailer", and I also have plan to list the trailer in Movie Detail page.

Thanks.
      Thank you for the quick response ting,

not sure of how your naming convention is. I use spaces in mine, so would say "Avengers - Age of Ultron-trailer.mkv" be the correct way?

Also, when you say "DMS will process the file name with "-trailer"." what is the DMS doing? is it flaging it so that it will not put it on the poster wall?

Again, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post

Thank you for the quick response ting,

not sure of how your naming convention is. I use spaces in mine, so would say "Avengers - Age of Ultron-trailer.mkv" be the correct way?

Also, when you say "DMS will process the file name with "-trailer"." what is the DMS doing? is it flaging it so that it will not put it on the poster wall?

Again, Thanks
        In current version, the trailer will not show it in poster wall.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X