HDMI issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI issues

I am running version 2.1.2. It is impossible for me to change this at this time.

I had knee surgery. I brought my DMS with me to rehab. I have the cables, HDDs, and the unit.

I have connected it to the tv using the same HDMI cable I used at home.

I cannot get internet on it because the rehab center has you click another page authorizing access which does not show on the unit.

I can get the shows to display through VIDEOS in the main screen. EVERY show I click on has no sound until I unplug the HDMI cable and replug it in.

I can hear hear the noises made by changing selections through the TV, but I cannot hear the show sounds until I unplug the HDMI cable from the DMS unit and plug it back in. Everything starts working. However, if I back out of the movie and go back in, no sound again.

I refer you to above where I stated I had knee replacement surgery and the tv and unit are across the room.

How do I make this work every time without having to get up after each show?

It is frustrating that it keeps doing this.

have you tried a different HDMI cable ??
    or tried using the standard yellow - & white AV cables ??

Comment

Originally posted by stitch0852 View Post
      I am running version 2.1.2. It is impossible for me to change this at this time.

I had knee surgery. I brought my DMS with me to rehab. I have the cables, HDDs, and the unit.

I have connected it to the tv using the same HDMI cable I used at home.

I cannot get internet on it because the rehab center has you click another page authorizing access which does not show on the unit.
      The version 2.1.2, which is the old SDK version, please upgrade to SDK v200x first.

I can get the shows to display through VIDEOS in the main screen. EVERY show I click on has no sound until I unplug the HDMI cable and replug it in.

I can hear hear the noises made by changing selections through the TV, but I cannot hear the show sounds until I unplug the HDMI cable from the DMS unit and plug it back in. Everything starts working. However, if I back out of the movie and go back in, no sound again.

I refer you to above where I stated I had knee replacement surgery and the tv and unit are across the room.

How do I make this work every time without having to get up after each show?

It is frustrating that it keeps doing this.
      Your DMS box is directly connected to TV or connected to AV Receiver first ? If you directly connectly to TV, please turn off "Passthrough" in Settings / Audio

Comment

I do not have another HDMI cable available to me. (again, I point out I am in a rehab facility with a bad knee unable to go anywhere and internet access does not permit downloads)

I did flip ends to see if it made a difference. It did not.

I pointed out I am unable to upgrade, yet it was working fine at home until I came here.

DMS connected directly to TV and Passthrough is off.

Comment

I tried a different cable, same thing. I can turn the tv off and restart it and the sound comes back.

Comment

I am no longer in rehab and the problem, when connected to my home TV is gone.

Comment

Working...
            X