Initial observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial observation

Only been on 2005 a few days, but wanted to report a couple of things before I forgot... :-)

When trying to watch a title on an external USB, I sometimes get a playback failure error. I believe this is because the external drive has gone into "sleep" mode while idle. When I try to play something on that drive, it fails, then, on second try, it works fine. The drive has spun up by then. This was true under 2003 as well. Not a major problem, just something you should be aware of. Many other things need fixing first, like the following.item.

In 2005, I have notice that it is no longer possible to send a file from DVDFAB program to a USB drive on the MS. You now must have an internal drive and it must have available space to transfer a file. Before, the software just sent to whichever drive had space.and you didn't even have to have an internal drive. This is a very big pain when you are trying to add additional space using USB drives and the internal is full since you must now maintain free space on the internal and the files then have to be manually moved to the USB drive. Ideally, it would be nice if the software allowed you to select which drive in the MS you wanted the file to go to, but I would be happy if the system just stepped through a fixed sequence (if internal drive full, then send to USB). Anything would be better than having to move files manually.

I'll post more after I have used 2005 for awhile.

It's also worth adding that you should be aware of the USB names changing if you do a restart. USB references are unpredictable under these circumstances.
    I am also having some issues with the odd TV series scrape. For example, the British version of the TV series "The Office" is always seen as the USA version, even though the dates are different and both are listed in TMDB. This also happens with the Series "The Trip", which is seen as "Akiba's Trip". The UK TV miniseries of "Shackleton" is correct in TMDB but is misidentified. Otherwise, v2.0.0.5 is a huge improvement... well done!

Comment

Well, as far as USB naming goes, mine has been consistent since version 2003. USBa and USBb have stayed with the respective drives But then, I only have 1 partition defined on each USB drive. Perhaps that makes a difference.

On TV show scraping, I tried to load the Battlestar Galactica mini-series (2003) and it scraped to the Battlestar Galactica TV series (2004). I am unable to fix this using either the internal editing function on the MS or the local WEB interface. When I try, the search says no data found. This happens no matter what name or date I put in, so I suspect there is a problem with the search function used for editing. This, of course, caused problems when I loaded the actual 2004 TV show, resulting in duplicate episodes 1 & 2. I finally had to "hide" the mini-series from the scraper by listing it as season 0 and then doing a complete database rebuild to get rid of the duplicates. Not a fun way to spend an afternoon...

Comment

First of all,thanks for your feedback.

About add USB, We are working for this, you will see changes in after DMS v2.0.0.5.

Comment

Originally posted by tina12345 View Post
          First of all,thanks for your feedback.

About add USB, We are working for this, you will see changes in after DMS v2.0.0.5.
          This doesn't appear to have happened in v2.0.0.6. So do we know when after v2.0.0.5 it will happen?

Comment

Scraper also isn't any better with tv shows.

Comment

Originally posted by wasim27488 View Post

This doesn't appear to have happened in v2.0.0.6. So do we know when after v2.0.0.5 it will happen?
              We need release an OTA update first, about the USB and the improvement of scraper will be add after the OTA version.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wasim27488 View Post

We need release an OTA update first, about the USB and the improvement of scraper will be add after the OTA version.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X