Scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraper

Is there any way to be able to use the scraper from v1010? It was almost flawless for me. Missed only 1 out of 1300 things scraped. This version I have dozens that will not scrape correctly and I can't manually fix them. Or at least a way for me to revert back to v1010? I was so much happier with it's scraping.

Originally posted by jimczyz View Post
    Is there any way to be able to use the scraper from v1010? It was almost flawless for me. Missed only 1 out of 1300 things scraped. This version I have dozens that will not scrape correctly and I can't manually fix them. Or at least a way for me to revert back to v1010? I was so much happier with it's scraping.
    The problem all along has been how V1010 scrapped. You are 100% correct that V1010 scrapped almost flawlessly, the problem is nobody could figure out how it did it. I had movies with no title names and abbreviated titles that V1010 matched up magically somehow. I had to fix those titles and years using V2XXX, just no way around it. For me it was more like 6 dozens that would not scrap using any other releases, didn't bother fixing them because V1010 worked so I didn't have too. (Strange......but if you noticed V1010 doesn't work anymore)

Found nothing wrong with the way V2005 scraps movies so far, I do not have any TV series yet, so I am not going through that phase of issues with episodes and series. I have over 1300 movies also and I do have that one movie that will not scrap no matter what I do using V2005, maybe you are seeing the same.

Think the movies that won't scrap for you using V2005, won't scrape for you if you used any other DMS. It took me two weeks to go through my movies and fix it's structure in naming/year convention. Not saying this is your problem but saying it is likely the problem.

I use DVDfab to send movies over to the server. Not sure how any other process works but it sends two files over, an .iso and a .meta file. The meta file is where you have your movie title and year for scrapping your movies. You can edit and save that file to the correct movie and year so that it will scrap correctly. Under V2005 you have the NFO file that it uses if you edit it, so there is no need to edit that meta file using it. There are some cases where you have to edit that meta file for the movie to scrap correctly. Example.....'The Thin Red Line' was a movie, the meta file had it as a TV show, episode 0, series 0. It scrapped as a TV show not a movie because that is what it said it was, I changed it to a movie, deleted episodes and series from the file, after I did that, it scrapped from out of the TV folder and showed up on the movie wall with the correct wall poster.

Check your movie folders to see how they are being named, V2005 is very picky in correct naming and year, some movies both has to be right and some you can get away with just one being right. But so far using the internal editing in the DMS and the local web interface, I found no issues with it scrapping all my collections or movies after I fixed them. Except that one movie. Hope this helps in reply!!
    Last edited by Down2Earth; 06-24-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The best example would be I Love Lucy and The Three Stooges Collection. I have them sent straight to DMS from the software and it scrapes the first few seasons correctly but not the last 2. Nothing I do fixes it.Never did that with v1010. Also The Dean Martin Roasts, I get it to find it properly but then there is no poster and it shifts 1/2 of them to movies. The Underworld collection of movies keeps getting labeled as Query. Everything is done properly just like before, I just don't like this scraper at all. I really regret leaving v1010 as I can't find a way to revert. Maybe future versions will fix the scraper.

Comment

Working...
      X