How To Delete or Remove Duplicates After Library Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Delete or Remove Duplicates After Library Rebuild

After upgrading to the latest Beta version, I now have duplicates in my movie library. How do I delete or remove the duplicate files and thumbnails from the movie library via web browser. The ability to do this directly has been removed by accessing movie server directly from IP-Address/#/movie.

Same question here. How do you delete duplicates without rebuilding entire library?

Comment

So, i assume there is no way currently to delete duplicates, so spent the 4 hours rebuilding my library on 2.006 over night. Everything looks fine. Deleting movie or TV shows should be a simple feature to add. Please put on your list for next release. Duplicate entries occur often when another system (in my case Kodi) also has access to movie library and any name changes are made. The DVDFab Movie server is not able to remove TV or movies from its library after they are deleted from the hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by jnardone View Post
        So, i assume there is no way currently to delete duplicates, so spent the 4 hours rebuilding my library on 2.006 over night. Everything looks fine. Deleting movie or TV shows should be a simple feature to add. Please put on your list for next release. Duplicate entries occur often when another system (in my case Kodi) also has access to movie library and any name changes are made. The DVDFab Movie server is not able to remove TV or movies from its library after they are deleted from the hard drive.
        About the Duplicates poster: there are realy have duplicate files in HDD or just the error in the library.

About delete poster from library, please check Local WebApp, and in the details of movie, there are one trash icon in the right coner, which can delete item from library and aslo can delete file from HDD.

Thanks.

Comment

maybe this is where I'm confused Ting. I'm not seeing any trash icon on the info page. i'm attaching info page screen capture.
          Attached Files

Comment

The delete function has been added already on the WebApp and DMS. On DMS you have to go to your movie folder and click on the movie you want to delete, press the 'Menu' button and the pop up the 'delete' function is there. On the WebApp the 'trash can' (delete function) is on the top upper right corner of every movie page. When you make changes to your movies it generates a duplicate posters, one wall poster has the correct path to the movie that was changed the other one is the one that does not work anymore. You need to know which one to delete using either the DMS or the WebApp because both features do delete movies from the library.

I did try deleting a double entry movie using the WebApp, it did work, I knew which copy had the old link and title from there and deleted the extra one. Afterwards I went to the movie server and did an 'Update Library' the update, updated all the wall poster after it rescanned it, no more double entries.

Last edited by Down2Earth; 06-26-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

maybe this is where I'm confused Ting. I'm not seeing any trash icon on the info page. i'm attaching info page screen capture.
              jnardone. did not know Ting reached out to you on this...…...I can't see the picture you posted where it is not showing the trash can there. Which browser are you using?

Going to edit to add a picture of the WebApp page you should see with the trash can function.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Delete Function  1.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	369618

Last edited by Down2Earth; 06-26-2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

i'm using Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comment

i'm an idiot. i was showing the screen shown when you click on "i" on the movie, not just clicking on the movie. now i see trashcan.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, but I do not see a Trash Can highlighted in red when I simply click on the movie thumbnail (see screenshot).
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can now see trashcan and other options when you click on movie in local web view.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	294
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	369647

Comment

After reinstalling update v2.0.0.6. and allowing a complete library rebuild, the trash can appeared. So there must have been an issue with the initial installation to the movie server.

Comment

Originally posted by davidafana View Post
                          After reinstalling update v2.0.0.6. and allowing a complete library rebuild, the trash can appeared. So there must have been an issue with the initial installation to the movie server.
                          Good to hear......yes, a second rebuild of the library should have gotten rid of your duplicate movie copies from the pervious upgrade also. Be careful deleting duplicate movie copies from the WebApp need to make sure you are deleting the one that does not link to the movie you want to keep. The extra one is a broken path and should not point to anything on your hard drive so an Update Library should work but it always doesn't so in some cases you have to do a rebuild library to get rid of extra copies.

By the way....there is an OTA just put out for V2008 Beta, if you turn your DMS off, you should see it when you turn it on. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                          X