2.0.0.8 Beta feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.0.0.8 Beta feedback

Since the OTA update, I cannot access my server from the PC to add shows. I have disabled my firewall. I have uninstalled my firewall. The DMS and the PC are connected to the same network. I rebooted the router, PC, and DMS. I can see it in Network, but each time I try to connect I get the network path is not available. I have other network HDDs and I can access each one of those.

hi,

1. Can you visit the local WebApp in "http://your-ip: 32080 " ?

2. DVDFab can select DMS and output it ? if cannot, please send us the log of DVDFab

3. In this SDK, we upload to SMB protocol 2.0, I am not sure which is cause your problem, and what is your os ? win7 or win10 ?

Comment

I had exactly the same problem. SMB 2 was working OK with an earlier 2.0.0 release (2.0.0.2?), but since then I have been unable to ever see on the network. I reluctantly re-enabled SMB 1 on my Windows 10 PC and it's been working since then. This is bad because it makes you vulnerable to WannaCry. I shall be changing back to SMB 2 as soon as I finish my updates, but expect to lose network access to the DMS from my PC again.

Comment

looks like this problem:

Guest access in SMB2 disabled by default in Windows

Please check these links:

Comment

Originally posted by SaturnV View Post
          I had exactly the same problem. SMB 2 was working OK with an earlier 2.0.0 release (2.0.0.2?), but since then I have been unable to ever see on the network. I reluctantly re-enabled SMB 1 on my Windows 10 PC and it's been working since then. This is bad because it makes you vulnerable to WannaCry. I shall be changing back to SMB 2 as soon as I finish my updates, but expect to lose network access to the DMS from my PC again.
          What I did was enable SMB 1 and make shortcuts of the DMS and the drives then disabled SMB 1. Shortcuts work fine and no security breach chance.

Comment

I raised this issue back at the beginning of June. I have been reluctant to try SMB v2.0 again as v1.0 works. However, my problem was that after installing SMB v.2.0, I could access the DMS and attached drives from Windows 10 Explorer but the DMS could not see the files on my computer and therefore would not play them. Mind you this was on DMS v1.0.0.3 and I haven't tried with v 2.0.0.8.

Comment

Thanks jimczyz your advice worked perfectly! A very neat trick.

Unfortunately, I think the links Ting gave only work for Windows Professional or Enterprise versions, not Windows Home and probably leave your PC with the same sort of security vulnerabilities as staying with Samba 1 enabled.

If you are unable to access your DMS from Windows Explorer with Samba 2, but you can access with Samba 1, this will allow you to access your DMS with Samba 1 disabled (ie using Samba 2)

Following the idea from jimczyz, any of the following options should work and allow you to move to Samba 2 and still access your DMS from Windows (I'm using Windows 10 - the instructions below vary slightly for earlier Windows versions)

You can do the following to either the top of the DMS folder hierarchy (ANDROID_<ABCDEF>), (where <ABCDEF> is a string of 6 alphanumeric characters - I don't know if all movie servers have the same name, or unique names - and if unique I don't want to give you the name of my DMS!). Alternatively you can select any of the folders/disks beneath ANDROID_<ABCDEF> if you prefer.

-- Option 1 Pin a DMS disk/folder to "Quick Access"
              - First temporarily re-enable Samba 1
              - In Windows Explorer, under the Network folder (probably at the bottom of your Windows Explorer), right-click on ANDROID_<ABCDEF> (ie the root of your Movie Server), and select "Pin to Quick Access".
              - Click OK then test the Quick Access folder, probably at the top of Windows Explorer
              - Lastly, disable Samba 1 again. After a reboot you should still have the Quick Access link

-- Option 2 as for Option 1, but pin to Start Menu
              - In Windows Explorer, right-click on ANDROID_<ABCDEF> under the Network folder (probably at the bottom of your Windows Explorer), and select "Pin to Start"
              - Click OK then test the Shortcut in your Windows Start Menu
              - Lastly, disable Samba 1 again. After a reboot you should still have the Start Menu Shortcut

-- Option 3 Create a mapped network drive to your DMS as follows --
              - In Windows Explorer, click on "This PC",
              - Select the "Computer" tab at the top, then click on "Map network drive"
              - Select a drive (eg Z: )
              - Click on "Browse"
              - Select \\ANDROID_<ABCDEF>
              - Click OK and test the mapped network drive works (eg click on Z: in Windows Explorer)
              - Lastly, disable Samba 1 again. After a reboot you should still have the mapped network drive

There are other options, but you get the idea.
              Last edited by SaturnV; 07-21-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X