DMS Server Name is Different in Windows 10 Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking DMS Server Name is Different in Windows 10 Network

I named my DMS server "DMS Living Room" However, when I look in Windows 10 in the Network section it shows "ANDROID_7C810". Stranger still on the router and the DVDFAB Software I See "DMS Living Room" This is more of a nuisance than any thing else. Anyone have any suggestions on how to change the ANDROID_7C810 to DMD Living Room?

I have not tried this and I'm not even sure we have access to a terminal...seems to be hit or miss with Android 5. Really wish these developers would get on with Android 7. The attached is from the articled that is linked.
    I see names of computers in my router's DHCP leasing list. My android galaxy tab is listed under an alphanumeric name. How do I set a friendly name that I like?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	369815

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
      I have not tried this and I'm not even sure we have access to a terminal...seems to be hit or miss with Android 5. Really wish these developers would get on with Android 7. The attached is from the articled that is linked.
      I see names of computers in my router's DHCP leasing list. My android galaxy tab is listed under an alphanumeric name. How do I set a friendly name that I like?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	369815
      I was under the impression that v200x and up are based on android 7

Comment

Originally posted by jimczyz View Post

I was under the impression that v200x and up are based on android 7
        Nope...none of the firmware announcement pages has listed that as an improvement, and believe me, that would be an improvement worth mentioning!

Comment

I remember ting stating that v2000, before it came out was going to be based on android 7. He said because of SMB 2 support in it. Maybe we need to get clarification on that from him. I was assuming because of what he said.

Comment

He needs to state it clearly and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. Quite frankly the OS Version should be part of any firmware refresh!

Comment

Working...
            X