8TB only half full but cannot add any files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking 8TB only half full but cannot add any files

I'm using an 8TB internal hard-drive in my DVDFAB movie server that is only about 3.9TB full but I cannot add any more movies to the harddrive. I get an error message that I need more space when I try to add a 1.7MB file

I had that issue as well. I did a full rebuild of the library and it resolved the issue.
    I was running version 1.0.1.0 when this happened.

Comment

I have 6tb free on an 8tb drive and I have the exact problem. Rebuilding my library did not solve the problem. This issue also presents itself on smaller capacity drives. and it does not matter what build you are using!

Comment

what is your HDD formatted as ?? NTFS or FAT32

Comment

I have also just come across the same issue today with the internal HDD, deleted a few movies and tried to add one and being told drive is full (got 400GB free) Also the movies removed still
          show up after a library update, and after a full rebuild the removed movies do not show but drive still says not enough space to add anything else.

Could be a v2 firmware issue as never had this on v1

I am wondering if the hidden recycle bin is holding the deleted files and making the drive full, I cant see the bin as I an in ext4 format as done by the DMS

Comment

My disk is formatted NTFS and for me this issue showed up before V2. Hope the software team can identify and fix this problem soon.

Comment

It is not the hard drive that is out of space. It is the DMS internal storage that is full. If you you empty that storage and rebuild, you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by arg01 View Post
                I'm using an 8TB internal hard-drive in my DVDFAB movie server that is only about 3.9TB full but I cannot add any more movies to the harddrive. I get an error message that I need more space when I try to add a 1.7MB file
                who report this error ? and where did you know the used size of internal harddrive ?

Comment

When using DVDFAB to copy movies & series to the hard drive in the server, I don't have any problem. The problem is (for example) I cannot copy any movies from the nas or other drives to the dms server despite having an abundance of free space.

Comment

Just to make sure, your hard drive is configured as GPT? Hard drives greater than 4 Tb should be configured as GPT and not MBR.

Comment

intvfan, where is the internal storage parameters located? I would like to take a kook at this.

Comment

Ting, is the DMS internal storage a possible link to this problem? Any solution? Thank you

Comment

Follow these instructions, then you will need to rebuild.
                          The doc of how to clean data Settings-1.png Click image for larger version Name: Settings-2.png Views: 1 Size: 45.9 KB ID: 366986 Click image for larger

Comment

I have been using TeraCopy to move and copy files directly to my 8TB drive in the DMS and it always warns me that there is not enough space, I then click Ignore and the copy process works just fine. I have FS: 3.67TB according to DVDFab. but when I access the drive with explorer, or DirectoryOpus it tells me that "Disk space used as a percentage of disk space total (100%)" and that I have a 16,383PB sized drive completely full.

Something is not being reported right to Windows10 through the network, but DVDFab can get the right free space?

Comment

I started again this time with removal of 8tb drive and full format and setup as GPT drive this time, All movies went on no problem I originally had on plus the ones that the PC was telling me
                              there was not enough space, Once back in the DMS after full reset movies loaded up no issues and when accessing the drive from local I now see a recycler folder in the sata2 folder so will
                              see when I delete a movie if it ends up in here and if so if deleted you get the space back to add another.

I also noticed that a lot of movies I had on the nas that had been deleted still showed up before the full reset/rebuild, after reset/scan they no longer show.

So something on the DMS must be keeping the info making the player think you still have it linked to it, Maybe we need a delete function on local maybe to remove movies?

Comment

Working...
                              X