Some observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.0 Beta Some observations

Updated to 2.0.1.0. The update went smoothly and I then did a complete library rebuild. Overall, it is a good step in the right direction. Hope this represents a trend!

GOOD STUFF
    Battlestar Galactica mini series (2003) now scrapes correctly. It no longer interferes with Battlestar Galactica TV series (2004). Thanks for that fix.

The problem where some Blu-ray iso files would show the chapter menu constantly during playback seems to be fixed. This is greatly appreciated as that problem had been around for 2 years now!

At some point (maybe during upgrade to 2004), the poster for season 3 of Star Trek Original Series disappeared. No amount of re-building would fix that. It is now back.

The information on audio track and subtitle for iso is now back and those functions now work

NEW PROBLEMS
    When playing back an iso containing multiple episodes of a TV Show in menu mode, the system will frequently freeze up when the episode has completed instead of returning to the main menu. You can regain control by exiting playback, but after this happens 3 or 4 times, the system will no longer play back anything until it is re-booted.

In iso files, if an audio or subtitle track is listed as "unknown", trying to change audio or subtitle track from the menu will cause the player to exit from playback back to the poster wall

OLD PROBLEMS STILL THERE
    On the TV SHOW episode screen, the episode names are not shown as they used to be. Also true of the info screen during playback.

You cannot select the episodes plot text for reading if it is too long to display on the episode screen.

Still no way to effectively handle pilot episodes of tv series (those that are shown in themoviedb.org under season 0).

SUGGESTIONS
    In collections, the poster wall is sorted alphabetically. I believe in this one case, it makes more sense to sort the posters by release date.

Sometimes, themoviedb.org does not have a poster for a given movie/tvshow or season. It would be nice if I could assign one myself directly. I think a function to do this was part of the original local web interface, but I was never able to make it work. Would be a nice added feature.

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback. We will discuss it and it will be added as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
    X