unable to change volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Playback unable to change volume

I just noticed that I was unable to change volume again while watching a movie on DMS. Maybe a fix to be made before next beta version.
    Viking lost down under

I have that problem when checking "audio passthru". Don't use it and it fixes it for me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FW2006 DMS build.prop.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	371109
      I'm still of the mind that this is a broader problem with Android 5.1.1(..which is what we are running) and HDMI. I didn't see any problems until I got this new Sony receiver, which has a 'Protector Function' so that when a volume level is passed to the receiver that is a problem it trips this function.
      I proved this to myself by switching out the DMS with my kdLinks A400 Android steamer which is running Android 7 and kept the receivers volume the same and played the same movie and it didn't trip the protector function.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure which 2.0.0.? build i was using at the time, but that was the only time I can remember it worked. My settings have never changed since 1.0.1.0. I tried changing passthru, no change, reverted back to original setting. Still no volume adjustment.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

1.0.1.0 is Android 5.1.1 also. I use my receivers volume key through the 'My Harmony' app on my phone when I need to change volume but more often than not the volume stays put at '30'. The distinction between 'Player Mode' and 'System'(..at the main screen and navigating menus and generating system sounds) seems problematic to me.
          My issue disappears if I ensure the Volume is set to '0' from the DMS main screen and the 'pass through' parameter 'ON' before entering in player mode.

Comment

Working...
          X