No covers (posters) via USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No covers (posters) via USB3.0

Hello, I have the MovieServer with the software version 2.0.1.1. With an external hard drive via USB 3.0 with films as a complete ISO, I unfortunately get no covers (posters) and movie information. How can I integrate the external hard drive as if an internal hard drive in the MovieServer? I'm grateful for any advice ...

Have you added the USB drive path to the library manager?

If not, go to "Manage Library" and select add path. This will allow you to select either USBA or USBB, depending on which USB port your external drive is attached to. Once the path is added to the library, highlight that path and select "update path".

Comment

Yes, I did that. Unfortunately I have only the possibility "Network Search" and "Add new network". Both do not lead me to the USB hard drive, so I can not add it to the library. What can I do?

Comment

From within "Manage Library" do not select either "Network Search" or "add new network". The box below those option should populate with the id of your server.(Android_XXXX). Just arrow down to the Android entry and select, then select shared. Under that you should find a list of folders including the internal SATA drive and any USB drives attached (either USBA ot USBB). Select the USB folder and then choose "add selected folder". That should get the USB drive added to the library.

If you have sub-folders on the USB drive, you can continue down the folder list to select just those folders, or leave it at the top level of the drive to include the entire drive.

Once the path is loaded, go back to the "manage library" area, select the newly added path, and do an "update path"..

Comment

okay I have not tried it yet. Thanks for the tip, I will try the next days and report.

Comment

...it worked! That's exactly what I wanted. Do you first know that you will find the USB hard drive there. Covers, film info, everything there, outstanding. Thank you for the right tip.

Comment

No Problem. Glad I could help!

Comment

Working...
              X