DMS v2.0.1.0 Beta Scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.0 Beta Scraper

Rebuilt library many times. This time around it will not scrape the TV series Gilligan's Island. Can we get this fixed in the next beta? Thank you.

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback.
    It will be fixed in the next version.

Comment

Thank you Tina, now it also is splitting my James Bond collection into 2 different collections. One named properly, the other blank. Rebuilt library many time so far.

Comment

Mine did the same thing to the James Bond movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jimczyz View Post
          Rebuilt library many time so far.
          Shouldn't need to rebuild the library so many times, think rebuilding the library is the last resort if you already have your library set the way you like it and don't want it messed up because it will change every time you rebuild it. If you manually fixed something rebuilding the library is going to change it like you didn't. To me it acts like a clear cache where it sets up a new library data base. Why some movies change when you do a rebuild is because the meta data for them isn't correct, you can fix this or leave your library in tact the way you like it once it's set up until things get 100% better at re-scrapping movies. It is not there yet.

One way to leave your library the way you like it is...….when you make a change to the library HDD for a movie/TV series it is going to generate an extra copy without a doubt. You do want to get rid of that extra copy.....yes!!...before you had to do a rebuild library to get rid of those extra copies, now you DON'T with the delete option on-line if you know the path and what you updated the changed copy too, you will see two copies, delete the one that applies. Once you make a change, any change, add/delete a movie from the web site/movie server..etc…. you will not see the change on the movie server, instead of a rebuild library, do an update library and things will correct itself and you will still have your movie server just the way you like it.

The old advent with this DMS was if you didn't want anything to change on your movie server, "Don't Ever Turn It Off" and I/some rarely did. That is not the case anymore but I do see this similar behavior with rebuilding the library. Not sure about the James Bond splitting, have the whole 26 movies in one collection folder still. Think that would be something to send into the dev's with an ID number to see why it's doing that.

Comment

Working...
          X