Problems with Blu Ray movies showing in Movies section of Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Blu Ray movies showing in Movies section of Library

I just received my DMS a couple days ago. I am updated to the latest SDK and I have a problem with the DMS showing BluRay Movies in my Movies Library. I had no problems adding a DVD folder to the sata2/Movies folder and it shows in my Movies Library on the DMS. However, when I added a BluRay folder to the sata2/movies folder it shows in the top right corner that it is scanning the folder but it doesn't appear in my Movies Library. I can only watch the Blu Ray if I go to the Videos section of the DMS and then open the sata2 folder that way. The BluRay folder structure is as follows in the sata2 folder: movies/Movie_Name/BDMV. The BDMV folder contains all of the other BluRay folders like STREAM and PLAYLIST etc. I copied all of my Movies with DVDFab and have no problems playing them with Media Player 5 on my PC. I have rebuilt the library and refreshed several times as these are the only two movies on the DMS at this time. If anyone has any naming suggestions or any other suggestions, I appreciate it. Thanks

Just an update on this. I also tried putting just the M2TS File in my sata2/movies folder but DMS still doesn't detect this file or add to my Movies Library. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Comment

Do you have the latest DMS firmware version 2.0.1.0 installed on your DMS? The latest version fixes a bunch of problems with the scraper finding movies. See the sticky "DMS v.2.0.10. Beta" to download if not.

I have a bunch of BD movies, both in ISO and folder format, each organized in separate folders following the naming rules in another sticky on the forum. Make sure your movie folder has the correct name (look up the IMDB name to make sure) and also has the correct year in parentheses in the movie folder name. For example, I have the movie Shazam! in a folder named Shazam! (2019), with the BDMV, CERTIFICATE AND DVDFab.miniso folders & file inside. However most of my movies, either BD or DVD, are in the iso format inside the movie name folder.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I will download the 2.0.1.0 as I am currently on 2.0.0.8. I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH50 View Post
          Do you have the latest DMS firmware version 2.0.1.0 installed on your DMS? The latest version fixes a bunch of problems with the scraper finding movies. See the sticky "DMS v.2.0.10. Beta" to download if not.

I have a bunch of BD movies, both in ISO and folder format, each organized in separate folders following the naming rules in another sticky on the forum. Make sure your movie folder has the correct name (look up the IMDB name to make sure) and also has the correct year in parentheses in the movie folder name. For example, I have the movie Shazam! in a folder named Shazam! (2019), with the BDMV, CERTIFICATE AND DVDFab.miniso folders & file inside. However most of my movies, either BD or DVD, are in the iso format inside the movie name folder.
          So I updated to the Beta firmware 2.0.1.0. I also put a couple more BluRay movies and another DVD movie in the sata2/movies folder to test. The DMS recognizes the 2 new BluRay Movies and the additional DVD movie but not the Original BluRay Movie. The Movie that I am having problems with is Us (2019). All 3 BluRay movies have the same folder structure. I haven't noticed any additional problems so far. Is this a problem with scraper not recognizing Us because of the movie name? Does anyone else have Us BluRay showing in their library? Thanks

Comment

I was able to fix this issue. How I did it was I logged into the internet side of my server (ip:32080). I went in to create a log file to include in this topic and I noticed just like on the DMS GUI that all of the movies were displaying under movies except for the Us I was having problems with. Like on GUI the US movie was showing under Videos. I clicked on the bottom right corner of the blank thumbnail for the Us Video and there was a Search link. I clicked that and was able to enter in the info and search and it found the movie. It then added it to my Movies library. This must have been an issue with the meta data created by DVDFab when it made the movie because I didn't make any edits to anything regarding the file or folder info after it was created by DVDFab. Not sure if this can be done on the DMS side without going through the internet browser, but if not it really needs to be added to a subsequent update. Thanks

Comment

When scraping fails for a file, the MS will drop the file into the Videos section under DMS video. From here you can manually add the poster information using the local WEB interface (which it appears you have done).

You could also go to the DMS videos section on the MS, select the file and click the menu button on the remote. This will allow you to edit the information locally just like you do through the WEB interface.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I have been adding more movies now and I notice it does fail to recognize the movie or BluRay occasionally. I also notice it will choose the wrong movie sometimes. It's nice to know that I can edit it through the MS as well. Thanks everyone for helping me with this issue.

Comment

Working...
                X