4K Play Back Buffering Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.0 Beta 4K Play Back Buffering Issue

Hi, I am getting buffering on both video and sound when playing 4K movies with Dolby Atoms and DTS-X. If the 4K movie doesn’t have high bandwidth audio it seem to play fine (i.e. 5.1). The audio is the one that drops out (buffers) the most.

I am running the movie from a NAS box (Synology 918+) on a wired network going across to 2 Netgear switch (GS108E-300).

The movie server HDMI lead is plug into my Yamaha Amp (modal A1060) and then out to Samsung Q7 TV (all high bandwidth Leads)

If I log into the NAS box direct on the movie server add a network, the movies play fine with Dolby Atoms and DTS-X. It is only when you play them from the user interface I see this problem. I have seen this problem on Ver 1.0 software as well as Ver 2.0 (all version). I am currently using ver2.0.1.0.

It would help if I didn’t have to login via add a network as when the movie is finish or stop you have to login again. The movie server doesn’t fine the NAS box on search network which again would be better still. However it would be very nice just to play them using the user interface.

Some of the movies are as follows:

Assassins Creed.m2ts

American Assassin.m2ts

13 Hours soldiers of Benghazi.m2ts

Jason Bourne.m2ts

Thanks

Rog

This buffering of UHD from NAS has been going on since the early firmwares and discussed before but im certain it has never been fixed, I got that fed up with it I stuck an
    internal HDD in the MS that I only use for UHD.

I hope that this issue will get looked and and fixed sometime soon as its been an ongoing issue for too long.

Comment

Same here, I had post it before

Comment

I have a similar setup. Running from a DS2411+ wired all the way (bonded the dual network ports). I play full 4k iso rips off NFS file shares I have setup to various folders on the NAS. I never even try launching from the pretty poster page as I gave up on that crap updating properly long ago.

Comment

...I have the same problem. Have Vers.2.0.1.0. on it and always at 4K UHD movies m from NAS I have buffering. Everything else works. Also hope that the problem will be fixed soon, because a small cheap media player does that without buffering !!!

Comment

Working...
          X