Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.0 Beta Update

Can we have some kind of update as to when there will be a new update so that i can finally use as it is intended?

it has gone quiet for a long time now

I made my own update!! I bought a Zappiti One SE 4K HDR. Now I have two door stopper from dvdfab. First the Vidonbox and now the movie server.

Comment

Originally posted by reklov View Post
      I made my own update!! I bought a Zappiti One SE 4K HDR. Now I have two door stopper from dvdfab. First the Vidonbox and now the movie server.
      Got a little frustrated last night and hit the button on Ama.... for the same Z..... unit you mentioned. Should arrive tomorrow. I can use the DMS for a room that's not connected to my receiver and only uses the speakers on the TV. Peace, JimS
      Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

I'm not buying another piece of hardware. I'm sure they all have their share of problems.
        I am trying PLEX server on my PC. So far so good. It does what I was hoping the DMS would do which it never will. I can watch movies from my PC from any TV with the Plex app on my firesticks.
        Plex is free so I'm not out any money if it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
          I'm not buying another piece of hardware. I'm sure they all have their share of problems.
          I am trying PLEX server on my PC. So far so good. It does what I was hoping the DMS would do which it never will. I can watch movies from my PC from any TV with the Plex app on my firesticks.
          Plex is free so I'm not out any money if it doesn't work.
          My problem is that I have tons of movies, tv shows and music that I've been collecting for years. I've been using Kodi as my home theater for about 8 years now and am very comfortable with it. The problem started when I began collecting 4K UHD content. I've configured colors, saturation etc. for all of my 1080p remuxes...perfect for my own taste. However, with that configuration, all my 2160p movie colors are washed out. If I perfect the configuration for 2160p (which I have), then my 1080p movies are way over saturated. I could script 2 different configs and switch them back and forth, but that would probably limit me to being the one to set everything up for the rest of the family. That wasn't my vision for a home theater. So my idea was to have two separate units...one for each config...just switching buttons on the Harmony remote. I could have just gotten another pc, but when I saw the promise of what the DMS offered, I figured I'd go in that direction. I have too many loaded hard drives on my server to want to constantly pull one out and put another in. Again, that wasn't my vision for a home theater. I need my server to work with my units. Thus the decision, albeit rash, for another purchase. Peace, JimS
          Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Working...
          X