MKV with VC-1 Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.0 Beta MKV with VC-1 Video

I am still having the problem with mkv files that were made when the video was/is VC-1 with the passsthrough of DTS-HD MA & TrueHD when output to my 7.1 AV Reciever, all I get is noise, if I turn the AV off and have sound going to the TV it plays fine in stereo.

All the files play fine when PC is used with DVDFab Media player 5 & PowerDVD16 with the output of TrueHD & DTS-HD MA audio to the AV Reciever

I would have thought you would have fixed this issue by now.

Please send the dms log file first. Please go to Settings>About>Feedback section, click on the feedback button to send the log file to us. You will receive a 6-digit ID, make note of it and tell us, thank you.

Please confirm whether you still get the same issue if you turn off the audio passthrough and connect to AV Reciever.
    Also, what is the brand and model of your AV Reciever? Does it support DTS-HD MA & TrueHD?
    How is it connected, via HDMI (what version) or optical cable?

Comment

I have seen this same problem. I have started using .m2ts format for that situation until fixed.

Comment

ID Log 146664

If you turn passthrough of you get audio but in stereo, AV shows it as PCM.

The AV is a Yamaha RX677 https://europe.yamaha.com/en/product...l#product-tabs

Yes it does support TRueHD and DTS-HD MA audio and it is connected via HDMI to the AV Reciever

As tbrown25 points out you do not get the issue if you use the m2ts file from a copied disc in a Raw format

This is occuring with the latest updated firmware 2.0.1.2
        Last edited by The Toerag; 09-21-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Info received. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X