How to handle pilots for tv series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other How to handle pilots for tv series

Well, I've asked this question a few times over the last two years, but thought I would give it another try in light of the latest firmware.

How do you handle the pilots for tv series with the DMS?

Frequently, the pilot of a tv series is included with the DVD set. It sometimes is a separate disk and sometimes included as part of a particular season's disk set. However, the pilot is not part of any season nor does it really have an episode number. So, what should you input for the metadata?

TMDB does not list pilots under the normal seasons. It often does show the pilot under "Season 0" for the TV series, but the DMS scraper does not seem to recognize this. The new metadata search functions do not allow for season 0, so you can't use that. If you name the file as season 0, the file simply "disappears", nothing on the poster wall or under DMS videos. The only access to it is via the folder structure under VIDEOS.

For example, STAR TREK original series bluray collection provide the 3 pilots for the series on disk 6 of season 3. It doesn't make sense to load them as season 3 episodes, and TMDB has no entries for them in that season. It does have them listed under the season 0 group as episodes 1, 2, and 6, but there does not appear to be any way to get the DMS to access the season 0 data.

I would much appreciate if the developers (or anyone for that matter) could tell me how to handle this files.

Yes, same problem with MANY series. Even Series specials/Extras MASH for example. The Office has many included Webisodes also.

Comment

Originally posted by intvfan View Post
      Yes, same problem with MANY series. Even Series specials/Extras MASH for example. The Office has many included Webisodes also.
      Thank you for your feedback. We will improve this section in future versions of DMS.

Comment

Working...
      X