Buffering persists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.2 Buffering persists

Hi, I want to keep mentioning this problem after each update. The buffering is still problematic in DMS v2.0.1.2. I can watch movies from my server as long as I'm willing to use PCM audio streams. When using Atmos, DTS-X, TrueHD etc. streams, buffering occurs every few minutes. This isn't a new problem...it's been happening for many folks since the DMS was first introduced. As mentioned earlier, all audio streams work fine if using the internal drive. Can someone tell us if the DVDFab engineers are aware of this and are looking for a solution? Peace, JimS

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060
    NAS Server: Synology DS2411+
    DMS: Updated to v2.0.1.0 Beta
    Connection: Direct Ethernet
    Connection: HDMI from DSM to Receiver->HDMI from Receiver to TV
    Connection: Files from NAS via SMB (have never been able to get NFS to work on DMS...works elsewhere though).
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Originally posted by JimS View Post
    Hi, I want to keep mentioning this problem after each update. The buffering is still problematic in DMS v2.0.1.2. I can watch movies from my server as long as I'm willing to use PCM audio streams. When using Atmos, DTS-X, TrueHD etc. streams, buffering occurs every few minutes. This isn't a new problem...it's been happening for many folks since the DMS was first introduced. As mentioned earlier, all audio streams work fine if using the internal drive. Can someone tell us if the DVDFab engineers are aware of this and are looking for a solution? Peace, JimS

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060
    NAS Server: Synology DS2411+
    DMS: Updated to v2.0.1.0 Beta
    Connection: Direct Ethernet
    Connection: HDMI from DSM to Receiver->HDMI from Receiver to TV
    Connection: Files from NAS via SMB (have never been able to get NFS to work on DMS...works elsewhere though).
    do you still get buffering issues if you use WIFI connection instead of direct Ethernet connection ??

Comment

+1 here.

Getting fed up of this not being fixed and posts like this being ignored, this is probably one of the biggest issues with the MS still not fixed.

Jim, can you try this atmos demo clip, I have it in my demo folder on NAS, which is linked to the DMS via its own link (Videos) it starts to play fine for a few seconds then stutters like crazy, if I then pause the clip and wait a few seconds then press play its fine for 5-10 seconds then starts stuttering again.

Also tried it on the internal HDD and it plays perfect, so I know the clip is fine.

Comment

Hi lamster, I had disconnected my DMS in favor of a different unit (Z) that displays everything perfectly. I hooked everything back up this morning and tried your clip...both through my NAS and through the internal drive. Through the drive all three audio streams worked as they should. Through my NAS, the first 2 stuttered a bit and the 3rd worked fine. This was only a 44 second clip though. Most of the time my movies start off fine for the first approx. 2 minutes before the buffering begins...then buffering every few minutes after that. Straight Dolby Digital works a little better...buffering is still regular but maybe every 5 minute or so. Disconnecting bitstreaming altogether...everything works fine. I use the Transformers: Age of Extinction bluray UHD as my reference video to set up colors and sounds. Movie plays straight through on DMS with PCM streaming...but unwatchable while bitstreaming. Peace, Jim

october262, I haven't really tried anything through my wifi since I first purchased the DMS and by DVDFab's own admission, it worked very poorly. Haven't tried it since the original firmware. I have a good wifi connection in my HT room (ac = ~650mbps, n = ~144mbps). Previously, everything stuttered and I stopped using wifi. I often wondered if it was possible to install an AC wifi module into the DMS. To be fair to the DMS, I will try something through wifi before I re-disconnect everything again. It's possible things improved over the last few firmware updates. Maybe by the time we get into the 3.0.0.0 stages of the firmware, I'll try again to see if buffering has improved. Peace, Jim
        Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you still get buffering issues if you use WIFI connection instead of direct Ethernet connection ??
          Hi, Well, I tried using wifi just a few moments ago and it was just as I remembered. Connected to my HT system, even video was stuttering/buffering, no matter what audio stream. Tried it connected directly to a TV in another room and same results with wifi. Again, connected through ethernet, all works well minus the advanced audio streaming. Peace, Jim
          Peace, Jim

Comment

I also have the problem with buffering. However, I decided now for an internal hard drive in the DMS. I can say that the DMS in conjunction with DVDFab 11 works great. Also, the metadata on DVDFab11 transferred to the DMS work really good. No buffering, no jerking of DVD, BluRay and 4K UHD in all soundtracks. Which happens very rarely that a poster is not right. Mitlerweile but also the function of patching the poster really succeeded and works great. Once at the DMS itself and via the Web Manager under Fix Match works really well and is immediately transferred to the DMS.

I also have the DMS on and off again and again. But now I'll let him set up, set him up and use him because I see great potential here.

Maybe you can rethink your circumstances again and also install an internal large hard drive. According to DVDFab hard drives up to 14TB have been tested successfully. I have a 10TB installed and the DMS runs so well.

I also have 2.0.1.2. I am updating and am on the way to being satisfied.

Gives the DVDFab developers some time. You see, it is happening, now z.b. with 2.0.1.2. You have to prioritize and the poster was really a big problem at the beginning which works well now.

Comment

I also have the problem with buffering. However, I decided now for an internal hard drive in the DMS. I can say that the DMS in conjunction with DVDFab 11 works great. Also, the metadata on DVDFab11 transferred to the DMS work really good. No buffering, no jerking of DVD, BluRay and 4K UHD in all soundtracks. Which happens very rarely that a poster is not right. Mitlerweile but also the function of patching the poster really succeeded and works great. Once at the DMS itself and via the Web Manager under Fix Match works really well and is immediately transferred to the DMS.

I also have the DMS on and off again and again. But now I'll let him set up, set him up and use him because I see great potential here.

Maybe you can rethink your circumstances again and also install an internal large hard drive. According to DVDFab hard drives up to 14TB have been tested successfully. I have a 10TB installed and the DMS runs so well.

I also have 2.0.1.2. I am updating and am on the way to being satisfied.

Gives the DVDFab developers some time. You see, it is happening, now z.b. with 2.0.1.2. You have to prioritize and the poster was really a big problem at the beginning which works well now.

Comment

Bump........

Comment

Working...
                X