Latest windows 10 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest windows 10 update

Anyone else having any problems with the latest windows 10 update? Since my laptop updated on Tuesday night, I can't send any movies to the Server thru the software. I click start and it just sits there. My old laptop which is authorized and has not been updated can send fine but not the one updated. I can't figure out what microsoft did this time around to screw this up. Anyone else?

not as far as I know but MS always f**** up the network and it's settings. That is why all my computers have mapped drives because I'm sick and tired of having to fix it every month.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

I leave my server on all the time...if I do not interact with it for a long time(3+ days) I have to reboot it to get access to it.

All my shortcuts still work after this latest update. I use the 'Add Network Location' function in file explorer.
      Last edited by Dead Eye; 11-15-2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I can manually send it to the server with no problem. I have to create an ISO image on my desktop and then copy it over, no problem. But right from the software, it just sits there after I click start, doesn't do anything. Again, only on my newer laptop that was updated the other day, not from my old one that I will not let update. All my shortcuts work no problem. Just not the software.

Comment

This is crazy, I cannot send anything from the software to the server, it just keeps saying "Waiting in queue". No help at all? Server works 1/2 way and now software won't work properly? Come on already!

I had to do a total uninstall and reinstall and it's now working properly. I don't have a clue what the heck was wrong with the software.
          Last edited by jimczyz; 11-16-2019, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Wonder if the Windows update rearranged some registry keys?

Comment

IDK but Microsoft messes everything up.

Comment

So I am having the same issue with the last update..my link to the DMS on my computer is showing a empty libary now with no acesss to it but the IP address is the same and I can see everything on my server (movies/wall poster) using the IP address from the web app. Did not map my DMS but actaully have been using the trick you recommended jimczyz with enabling SMB1 and creating a shortcut and disabling again. That has worked until this last update. So yeah....it's a microsoft thing!!!

Comment

I've had to leave smb1 enabled. Disabling it don't work anymore.

Comment

Has anyone tried using the 'Add Network Place' function in file explorer? I made 3 shortcuts using it, one for the main share and 2 more that point to the to the folders I drop most of the content that I watch into, no SMB 1.1 required. The server isn't visible but is still accessible.

Comment

That is how I make mine for the last year or so.
                      Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                        Has anyone tried using the 'Add Network Place' function in file explorer? I made 3 shortcuts using it, one for the main share and 2 more that point to the to the folders I drop most of the content that I watch into, no SMB 1.1 required. The server isn't visible but is still accessible.
                        Will try....thanks Dead Eye!! Was able to get everything synced again but will try what you noted to work without being bagged by updates!

Comment

I lost all my network shortcuts in the latest Win 10 1909 update, I could see them in My PC but none would connect, Only way I could get them back is to do the following.....

Goto

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Center

Then this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	374864

This

Name:	Snap2.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	374865

Then this

Name:	Snap3.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	374866

Then Reboot computer, and all network locations (NAS DMS etc) became visible and usable again.

Attached Files

Comment

Okay lamster...do you have the SMB 1.1 feature turned on? My sharing features are set up that way(Advanced, Guest or Public and All Networks) and the DMS is not visible on my network, but it is still accessible via the 'Network Locations' functionality.

Comment

Hi Dead Eye..... I have to have SMB 1.0 turned on as my old WD MyBookworld NAS does not support SMB 2 unfortunately.

This is how mine is setup, although I enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS server then rebooted for the network locations to show up again, then I unticked the 1.0/CIFS server and rebooted again and all seems well.

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	374930

I can now access my old WD MyBookworld, My Synology NAS (Just for movies/TV series) and My DMS without issues.

I dont know if the windows update changed anything in Programs and Features, as I had to do the above on my laptop (wifi) but my desktop upstairs thats connected via LAN still works perfect
                              as it always has, and thats also done the update 1909.

Comment

Working...
                              X