Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you read your series DVD`s on the DMS ... ISO, folder or individually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other How do you read your series DVD`s on the DMS ... ISO, folder or individually?

Hi guys,
    How do you read your series on the DMS? As a complete ISO or as a folder, individually? Unfortunately, I have no experience with it, so I ask how to do it the best.

I bought a whole season of "RULES OF ENGAGEMENT" from 2007. If I read the DVD as ISO on the DMS, then as is known, the picture begins to jerk and does not run smoothly. It's the same as a folder. DVD movies I therefore always read in MKV on the DMS that works very well. But in a series, there are several parts on a DVD. I would like to have the DVD as ISO on the DMS, then I could have started every single part from the menu. But as I said that is not possible. How do you do this?

Thank you ...

If your trying to do it as an ISO for the whole season then ISO works to rip it as you will have all the episodes on the disk that you can choose say from episode 1- 4 or how many is on that disk. Haven't tried splitting episodes up using ISO, only used MKV for splitting episodes. Have done it both ways, not understanding why you are getting the jerking using ISO. That's not normal as it shouldn't matter doing it either way.

Comment

... I'm not the only one. Sometimes the DVD ISO runs smoothly, next time, the same DVD ISO, jerky. That is very different. Your method would be my favorite. As you said, then you can start the individual episodes directly from the menu. But unfortunately not.

Okay, so as MKV would be a possibility ...

Comment

Komet,

I rip individual episodes to MKV files so that I have every episode as a separate file. I have the complete M*A*S*H collection with three dvd's per season, the only downfall I have with this is when I rip bonus video it really messes with the DMS and it tries to match those videos to an episode, or tries to force it to a movie. once it does that your screwed and you have these false positives in your collection because you cannot remove the meta data unless you do a complete wipe and rebuild.

Comment

Hi,
          thank you for the information. Yes, that's how I imagined it. Every single episode in MKV. Unfortunately, I do not have a DVD on which I can try this, but I would like to grow in the near future series and put on the DMS. Are on a DVD the individual episodes recognizable and if so why do I recognize them? And how can I tell when copying which episode is Part1, Part2, etc.? I would not need bonus films, just the single episode. As MKV would be good, because ISO's not run smoothly. Have already tried everything. I know the problem, I have had so many times and I agree with you. Unfortunately, then you have to do a complete deletion and then again everything draufspielen on the DMS. I had this only recently with "John Wick" in 4K UHD as Part1 and Part2. Both parts were not included in the collection. Did I change the file names, unfortunately without success. Had to delete everything from the DMS, everything again on it and then they were included in the collection. This is annoying because it is very time consuming, something you do not want as a user of the device.

Comment

Working...
          X