Custom Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.3 Beta Custom Collections

Custom Collections is a welcome edition that was a long time coming...….'BUT'.....it seems like we lost one to get another!! With 2.0.1.3 it no longer tries to link up a collection if it is a known collection. Past releases tried to link a collection even if it was a poor attempt......2.0.1.3 is broken in doing this.

Deleted two movie DVD collections in place of a Blu-Ray collection and was disappointed that the collection series was not recognized as being a collection. This was an automatic feature that worked for me but for some they had problems with some movie collections not linking up, myself included. After I figured out why some wouldn't I had no issues with it automatically linking up. 2.0.1.3 is optionless, you have to link new collections with the custom collections feature. It works but not a fan how it works.

So now I have a drop down 'Collection ' section which is a past tense feature and a new 'Custom Collection' which is the new 'Collection' section. Confused...yeah, so I'm I.

Funny thing is if I change a reference to a movie as per it's year or NFO reference, it creates an extra copy on the main poster wall and then creates a 'Collection' of the two movies when it is one of and the same movie, this is automatic. Used to that from past releases and that hasn't changed with not having to delete that extra copy that it generate if you change something....that's what should have been fixed.

The DMS should have a 'Collection' section that is an known collection series (this should be done automatic) and a 'Custom Collection' section for the hard linkable collections that does not want to work automatically for some people and also having that option for them to create a collection through personal preference. Again....you gave one and took away the other!!!!
Working...
X