UHD Tagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Tagging

I have about 209 4K titles in my collection so far. DMS only flags about 24 of those. How does DMS identify 4K content and especially UHD? Is there a way to manually correct these gaps or am I stuck with DMS scrapper needing to be updated to catch these? Is anyone else missing tagging on 4K movies. All of my 4K content is on a linked NAS server and is ripped as MKV passthrough.

I have 260+ UHD titles and they all scrape perfectly showing the UHD tag apart from 2 thats show the 4k tag but I suspect this is because they are Atmos demo clips (single m2ts file) All my UHD titles are in file format like disc so BDMV and Certificate folder, I suspect your issue could be to do with being ripped into MKV format and or whatever you use to convert UHD to MKV is probably losing some info that deems it to be UHD.

Comment

I'm actually using DVDFab 11 to do the conversion. Recently I upgraded firmware to 2.0.2.0 and now it only shows 1 of those original 24. Thanks for the input.

Comment

... this is definitely due to your MKV file. Why convert to MKV? If you have no space problem, always leave the original. If it is real 4K in UHD and probably also in HDR and Dolby Vision, then enjoy this full picture quality. Convert it to m2ts pass. um and everything is shown to you in 4K. For example only the 4K film in an ISO is shown in UHD. I have no hard disk space problem and always leave it in the original to really enjoy the full picture quality. So in m2ts pass. and everything is properly classified and presented.

Comment

Working...
        X