Play time of move/show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Play time of move/show

I wish the file actual PLAY TIME was displayed on the DMS and WEB view.
    The DMS shows the IMDB play length. Usually fine, however, I have extended versions of some moves.
    Star Trek VI being 1 example. The movie is drastically different from the Theatrical Release to the Original DVD release. Like the different endings to CLUE!
    It is 99% the same movie, but who don it? is different.

So I have both version of course. However, the image displayed is the same for both. The run time is the same. However, they are not in reality.
    In 1.0.1.0 it would usually show a different NAME and/or Image. As well actual run time.

If it just showed actual run time, I would know which one to play or if I had a movie twice. I do put movies under categories. Comedy, Drama etc. Some are hard to classify and I forget and copy it more than once from my computer to the server. Plus I have picked up 20-40 movies at a shot from Dollar Tree and sometime I get a movie I already had an forgot about.

intvfan have you tried changing the names of your extended versions and theatrical versions to reflect which ones they are.

Not sure how 1.0.1.0 was able to tell which version was which when it had the same title name and the run times were the same.

Are you using DVDfab to copy movies over to the server because it doesn't matter what you name the movie folder if DVDfab created an .info file for the movie.

If the movie is the same title name and the run time is the same you will get the same meta information for it. Also if you are able to look at your .info file that it creates it is using The Movie Data Base (tmdb) not IMDB, so you know where to bounce reference too. But so far for me the .info file it creates has been spot on after hitting 'Search Movie/TV' tab to get the correct meta data for it.

Appears you may have a different case in the movies having the same name and run times but if your using DVDfab and it creates the same meta information for the movies and you are not able to tell which one unless you watch it all the way to the end. Try renaming the folder the movie its in to something like below after you know which movie is which to tell the difference between them:

STAR_TREAK_VI:_THE_UNDISCOVERED_COUNTRY_[THEATRICAL]_(1991)

STAR_TREAK_VI:_THE_UNDISCOVERED_COUNTRY_[DIRECTOR'S_CUT]_(1991)

This is just an syntax 'example', someone can prove me wrong but 'I think' anything inside [ ] is ignored in between the title and year. It works for me...…..

Doesn't have the running times but at least you can try this to see if this will work for you to tell which movie version is which after clicking on it.

Comment

Good idea. I can try this! Using 1.0.1.0 I could actually match to the correct version if needed. Now, it only has 1 version to match to.
      Also, mostly worked without me doing anything. So i am thinking that run time played a roll in the matching process.
      The original Star Trek the Motion Picture has 3 versions. ( none are good! LOL )

I mostly use DVDFAB to rip directly to the DMS. However, sometimes it will not rip and I have to use other software.
      Also, most of my ripping is done. I did everything when I first got the DMS. now it is only when I buy something new.
      With Prime and Netflix, that is not as often as it used to be.
      Of course I will buy the next Bond, Trek, Star Wars etc. But for one and done viewing, I am pretty good streaming.

TV shows, I do want. As these fall off the map all the time. Or move to a service I will not get. Or they cherry pick episodes and do not have them all...Why?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X