Remote Control for DVDFab Movie Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Control for DVDFab Movie Server

How do I enable the learning feature on the remote control? I tried pressing the S on the remote for at least 2 seconds. The remote would not go into learning mode. Is there another way or method to enable to learning mode so that I can have the remote to learn the INPUTS from the TV using the TV remote? Can that be done? That way, I won't have to use the TV remote to change the input so that I can use the movie server. Please advise and thank you!!

Maybe this will help - I found this information on their web site:
    The learning function on the Movie Server Remote allows it to learn how your TV Remote works, so that you don't need to use two remotes, but use only one instead to control both the Movie Server and your TV. Following is how the learning function works:
    1. Press SET key on the MS Remote for 4 sec until background light turns on;
    2. Background light will flash once when you press a learning key on the MS Remote;
    3. Put the IR sensors of the two remotes with a 3cm distance between them, then press the correspondent learning key on the TV Remote, if succeed, it will light from flash three times into long light, press SET to exit learning mode.

Comment

NOTE that I've got a different issue with the remote control that I can't figure out how to resolve. I just got my server started this past weekend. I've created an ISO of the Bonus Disc "Extended Edition The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey - The Appendices Part 7". When playing the Menu Mode - The disc starts correctly. When getting to the Menu - the remote controls navigation buttons only behave as fast forward/rewind, pause, etc. The directional nature and select feature do not work on the menu and therefore I can't play any of the many selectable extras. Any ideas? Maybe some sort of virtual remote?

Comment

i'm still waiting for the ipad access poster wall...

Comment

1. Press SET key on the MS Remote for 4 sec until background light turns on;

I have tried that - it didn't work. This was the comment from TRJ - thanks for looking into this for me.

Any other ideas to enable the learning mode?

Comment

Eric_terminator…..I tried the instructions as cited and they worked for me this PM. I tried pressing the "S"several times on mine and it does seem to light every time after holding for 3-5 seconds. I programed the power and it worked fine. I just received my media server about 2 weeks ago so mines new. Not sure this helps you, but maybe you have an older one or it could be defective?

Comment

Working...
            X