Improvements suggested for DMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.2 Improvements suggested for DMS

When we press the play button, there is an annoying menu shows up on the screen, "Movie Menu" &"Main Movie"; I would expect the movie to just play. Wish there is a way to disable that from the Setting.

The movie artwork is not correctly populated for movies in collection. For example, for all 8 movies in Fast &Furious collection, the same artwork is displayed for all 8 movies.

I'm not sure about the second item, but I believe the first item should be resolved from going to the Settings --> Playback --> Bluray Playback Mode and it will have selections for: Ask each time, Main Movie, Menu Mode. Try selecting Main Movie.

Comment

Little Fruit Fly

The menu you are seeing is showing because you have transferred the movies to your system as an ISO containing the entire disk contents instead of just the movie. The system is asking if you want to play just the main movie or play the file back as though you were playing the disk including all the menus, previews, etc.

As TRJ states, that can be set to a default mode, however if you set it to always run Main Movie, you will not be able to access the menus or special features on the disk. If you only want the main movie, I would suggest that you rip the main move only to a MKV file and transfer that instead of the whole disk as an ISO.

As far as "fast & Furious goes, the collection will appear on the poster wall with a single poster for the collection. I believe the system uses the poster for the first movie in the collection as the collection level poster. (hopefully one day we will be able to change that) Once selected, you should see separate posters for each of the 8 movies. If you don't, then the system has not scraped the metadata correctly for some reason. This could be due to the file being named badly or perhaps bad data in the NFO file. In that case, I would use the editing function in the MS to correct the posters.

Comment

Correction:
        The MS will use the poster from one of the movies in the collection as the collection level poster for USER-DEFINED collections.

For automatically created collections, the collection level poster from The Movie Database is used.
        Last edited by tbrown25; 01-19-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

tbrown25 - any information on how the automatically created collections functions would be helpful. I don't seen any being created off hand for the few I've played with - but it could be due to naming issues. For instance Divergent, Insurgent, etc. I would expect to be part of a collection.

Note I've renamed mine to ensure they sort together in the posters such as Divergent, Divergent 02: Insurgent, etc.

Thanks TRJ

Comment

I too would like to know how to get my collections to be created automatically, if it can be done...this was done automatically in past firmware before 'Custom Collections' showed up as an option to create a collection. Posted help for this awhile back!

Comment

Well, collections are automatically created based on the information in themoviedb.org. If the collection is defined there, the MS should create the collection for you. Note that it will not create the collection until at least 2 movies in the collection are added to the MS.

As far as naming goes, again, the file name should match up with what is shown in themoviedb.org along with the correct release year. If not then there needs to be an nfo file with that data in it,

For example, there is a divergent collection on that web site. The first movie would be named "Divergent (2014)". The second would be named "Insurgent (2015)", and so on.

At least, this is how it worked for me in the past. I haven't loaded a collection on my MS in several months now.and I recently found that firmware version 2013 does not work quite the same as previous version in a few areas.

One thing I have noted is that if you have to edit a file because it scraped incorrectly, the system will no longer add that movie to the collection. Not sure why, but I have reported it a couple of times to the developers. It may have something to do with the nfo file created as part of the editing process. For instance, I have episodes 1 thru 6 of the STAR WARS movies on my MS. All of them scraped correctly and were automatically added to a STAR WARS collection with the exception of the first one, episode IV. That file kept scraping to a "making of star wars" title. I edited it to the correct poster, but afterwards that movie would NOT be automatically added to the collection. I had to manually add that one.

Give me a day or so and I will go test this again to see if anything has changed.
              Last edited by tbrown25; 01-20-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Okay, ran a quick test under firmware 2013 by transferring the first 2 terminator movies

Movies were transferred to folder "DVDFAB/MOVIES" and placed each in their own folder named "Moviename(year)" where the name is that shown in TMDb and year is the release year defined in TMDB.

Files were named "The Terminator (1984)" and "Terminator 2- Judgment Day (1991)" Note that tmdb actually shows the second one as "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" but my hard drive is formatted NTFS and won't accept a ":"

Deleted the 2 nfo files from the MS

Did an update path for the drive used

The two files scraped correctly and a collection called "Terminator Collection" was automatically created with the 2 files.

Comment

Working...
                X