NAS and Audio Buffering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 NAS and Audio Buffering

Has anyone who has been dealing with this audio buffering issue (NAS movies with TrueHD etc.) for the past couple of years discovered whether on not the issue has been fixed? I notice it's not mentioned in the list of fixes or improvements.
    Last edited by JimS; 01-20-2020, 03:21 PM.
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

I've noticed that Z.... units don't exhibit this problem.
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Hi Jim

IMHO I think this issue is being ignored as its been going on for that long (and been reported in many many threads) I get the feeling that it cannot be fixed and we are not being informed
      of it, Like they hope we all forget about it and it will go away

I have not had chance to try 2.0.2.0 yet as only just seen its out, But I will let you know how I get on but tbh NOT HOLDING MY BREATH for it to be fixed........

Im that close to buying a Z**** and getting rid of the DMS for sure as I know the Z**** work for straming 4k from NAS over network as I have tried my friends player on my network and its fine.

18 Months and counting for this issue to be fixed..............Absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So you two are going to rant and rave about this again...you do it every update...you haven't even installed it yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
          So you two are going to rant and rave about this again...you do it every update...you haven't even installed it yet!!!
          If asking a simple question is a rant then I guess I'm ranting. And the the reason for the question to be repeated is because no one over the last 2 years from DVDFab has answered us. If they would just answer that it can't be fixed, then I will never ask again. However, since I've not gotten an answer, I'll continue to ask politely...as I always have. Just wanted to avoid having to re-hook everything up again (6 times and counting) and so was asking those who've had this same problem if things have improved. Obviously, it doesn't affect you, so not sure why you are so upset about those of us who just want our unit that we've paid for to work as promised when the the DMS first came out. Have a great day!
          Peace, Jim

Comment

I guess no one reads the Z... Forums, They got a lot of $hit that doesn't work 100% either.
            I have a Z... and other than being able to capture from HDMI, I like the DMS better.
            If either of you want to sell your unused DMS's let me know. It's a down payment for you new server.

I understand the frustration, I have my own issues with every media server I have tried. Anyone want a Pop Corn? LOL
            With the LARGE HDD's you can install into the DMS, why do you need a NAS?
            Ah, more and more 4K content is guess. I have actually turned my NAS off. I don't need it at this point.
            It is for backup only!

However, I only use ISO's for specific reasons. I rip 95% of the time to a much more compact format.
            At my age, I guess I care much less about audio and video quality. I used to be a nit picker, but now I cannot tell the difference! One benefit of aging I guess. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by intvfan View Post
              I guess no one reads the Z... Forums, They got a lot of $hit that doesn't work 100% either.
              I have a Z... and other than being able to capture from HDMI, I like the DMS better.
              If either of you want to sell your unused DMS's let me know. It's a down payment for you new server.
              Hi, I actually did buy a new Z.... a couple of months ago and it works great. UHD audio streams work just as they should. I have a 7,2 surround system and really enjoy the theater sound. I can use UHD files with Kodi, but wanted the DMS to separate my UHD movies from the regular blurays. If the DVDFab folks would just tell me they can't fix this then I'll be happy to sell it. They just don't seem to respond to any of our questions about this issue.

Peace, Jim

Comment

Working...
              X