first look at 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 first look at 2020

No problem installing 2020, all poster walls intact. Re built database. At a quick glance every thing looked good, as I said looked good.
    Found out that most of the scrapping problems from previous versions end up similar.
    What i found wrong is below, will double check Doctor Who specials on DMS.

Web page problems for movies and TV shows.

TV series (272)

tron uprisning S01E19
    Timeless (2011) S02E11
    Star Wars rebels (2014) S01E14
    Time after time (2017) 7 episodes S01E06 through to S01E12
    Doctor Who (2005) S11E11, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992..._=tt_eps_sn_11
    Star trek The animated series (1973) 22 episodes, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069637...3?ref_=nv_sr_3

Movies (1047)

1 Genesis (ii) (2018) should be Genesis (2018) ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4469518/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_2 )
    2 Star Trek: Axanar (2015) should be Star Trek Renegades (2015 - 2017) Missing. Only 1 episode made so far.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2621446/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt no poster
    3 2 movies with no name/year or poster
    4 A dangerous method (2011) should be Abduction (2011)
    5 Ultraman Tiga: The final Odyssey (2000) should be The Odyssey (1997)
    6 Don't kill it (2016) Should be IT (2016)
    7 I Tvillingernes Tegn (1975) - (In the Sign of the Gemini) MISSING!
    8 D-day Assassins (2019) should be D-day (2019)
    9 Doctor Who: The time of the doctor (2013) see below in Collections when checking posters, web page hangs
    10 Doctor Who: The day of the doctor (2013) see below in Collections when checking posters, web page hangs
    11 Doctor Who: At the proms (2013)
    12 Doctor Who: The end of time part 2 (2010) no poster
    13 All most all Doctor Who movies wrong do not match path

Videos (37)

A Tribute To Elizabeth Sladen (2011) ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1909325/ )
    Battlestar Galactica The Last Frakkin' Special (2009) ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1401100/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_31 )

These 2 must be scrapped manually. STILL can't be done in any of the 2.0.?.? Beta's

Tron Uprisning (2016) S01E19
    Timeless (2016) S02E11
    Star Wars rebels (2014) 1 episode
    Time after time (2017) 7 episodes S01E06 through to S01E12
    Doctor Who (2005) S11E11, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992..._=tt_eps_sn_11
    Star trek The animated series (1973) 22 episodes, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069637...3?ref_=nv_sr_3
    30,000 Leagues Under The Sea (2007)

Collections (106)

Doctor Who: The day of the doctor (2013) has 2 posters
    1 for Doctor Who: The time of the doctor (2013) when checking posters, web page hangs
    1 for Doctor Who: The day of the doctor (2013) when checking posters, web page hangs
    Wing Commander collection has no poster

DMS "Collections" should have

Unbreakable (2000), Split (2017) and Glass (2019) is a trilogy.

Abduction (2011) has had a different poster with every beta version since 2.0.0.0
    I Tvillingernes Tegn (1975) - (In the Sign of the Gemini) MISSING! used to end up under "video", once since 2.0.0.0 it has had a poster. For the last 4 betas it can't be found.
    Viking lost down under

Turns out that when you use search in webapp all paths shift (right) across to the next poster.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

ID :171771

unable to upload here and messenger.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

...on another note, I noticed the 'List' view has been added...Thank you and a shout out to the DEV Team!

Comment

Does anybody know what the "improvements" to USB support amounts to? There is a potentially disastrous problem which has been present in all versions. That is that the naming / identification of USB drives / partitions attached to the DMD by a hub is, at best, arbitrary and at worst, random. This was manageable until, as in the last, 2 versions, all mounted drives, including the internal SATA are automatically updated on booting up. If the drives are misnamed, on boot up, the DMS gets littered with wrongly addressed posters, which look like duplicates. Previously, the paths would only be updated if specifically instructed to do so. This is better because one can check that the drives are consistently named before performing an update.

Comment

ejm, do you have Star Trek the original series?
            If so, do the episodes show properly in the DMS?
            If they do, how do you name them?

I only have 3 episodes from season 1. I cannot find any of the others on the DMS. I can play them via folder browsing.

Comment

All of mine are there. Named : Star Trek - S01E01.mp4 or Star Trek - S01E13 - The conscience of the king.mp4
              Viking lost down under

Comment

Thanks ejm.
                I will verify when I get home. I think I had it that way? But then changed it to Star Trek (1966) S01E01 ? I don't remember what I did now. It didn't work before or after....

You have some other Trek stuff I have never seen "Star Trek Renegades (2015 - 2017)"
                I buy a lot of movie and shows from various locations including Amazon and I have not seen these before.

I have ALL of the US released TV Shows and Movies ( I thought! ) No CBS all access, so I have not seen Picard yet either. I hope it is released on disc at some point.
                Though I think sales have slowed and they may not release this stuff for much longer.

Over the past few year I have had stuff Made on Demand. Packaging looks fine, but they are not pressed very often, they use writable media.

Comment

Star Trek Renegades (2015 - 2017) was supposed to be a new tv series, first one is about 1 1/2 hours long. Nothing since. Downloadable only, I really enjoyed it.
                  Viking lost down under

Comment

Thanks for the info ejm. Also, changing "Star Trek S01E01 (1966)" to "Star Trek - S01E01 (1966)" Found most episode.
                    However, the series is split. The 3 that were identified are still in a separate series with the same cover art with a few episodes from the other 2 season as well.
                    I did a full rebuild. I guess I'll have to dig in to the nfo files to see if I can fix these?

Comment

intvfan

Not sure if this will help, but I have all 3 seasons of Star Trek on my MS (HD version) and all scraped fine

They are store in the folder "DVDFab/TV Shows/Star Trek/Season xx"

The episode files are named "Star Trek - sXXeXX - Episode Title", so, for instance, the first episode of season 2 is "Star Trek - s02e01 - Amok Time"

I deleted all nfo files before scanning. I only use nfo files if the scraper fails and I have to manually fix a file. That is pretty rare for me.

All episodes scraped perfectly (even after having to rebuild for new firmware). Only exception is the two pilot episodes.The MS has never handled pilot episodes. Hopefully that will change one day.

Comment

I just wonder if you guys ever encounter the problem of the need to go through the setting up process, i.e, language selection, LAN selection and activation process, every time you power up the box. I did and have to fall back to previous release.

Comment

never had the problem, sorry
                          Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                          X