No announcement yet.

DMS v2.0.2.0 Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upon further testing, I have figured it out. I have a Vizio sound bar that I use and it definitely is that. I have tested it quite a few times now and I can make the arrow come up on command by hitting one certain button, the TSHD button. It makes the arrow come up every time. My problem has been solved it seems.

Comment

Following up my earlier comments, I've now had the arrow come up on its own and can confirm the "Mouse" button on eGreat remote control will turn the arrow off. This ties in with the above, that other remotes might just happen to send out the code that the DMS recognises as a "Mouse" button. It isn't a fundamental failure in the DMS, it's just flipped into a different mode. Now I know I can turn off this mode with the eGreat remote, I will investigate to see if one of my other TV remotes is triggering it by accident!

Comment

Doh!!! Doh!!! Doh!!!

It was the AV/Digital/Analog button on my TV remote!!! Fully reproducible, it turns the arrow on and off! Problem solved.

If I turn on the TV and switch to the correct mode before I turn on the DMS, all is fine. If I do it the other way around - I get the arrow - hence the intermittent behaviour.

jimczyz, try the buttons you use fairly frequently on other Infra Red remote controls. I think you'll find one of them flips the DMS to the arrow. Then you too can have a "Doh!!!" moment (Homer Simpson in case you're wondering what I'm talking about).
        Last edited by SaturnV; 03-02-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I did figure it out as I stated above. It was a button on my vizio sound bar remote that was duplicated onto my myharmony remote. If I hit the TSHD button, voila, the cursor appears. Too bad None of the buttons turns it off but at Least I know what was doing it. My doh moment turned into me looking at the remote and saying "Why you little"....LOL

Comment

Working...
          X