Is 3D playback fixed in v2.0.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 Is 3D playback fixed in v2.0.2.0

Was wondering if the 3D playback feature was fixed in 2.0.2.0. I didn't see any mention of it in the release notes.

It wasn't for me.

Comment

Thank you for letting me know(and testing.) I really would like to test out some of the new features but the 3D playback is one of my heavy hitters and haven't had the time to load the past few versions if I'd have to back it out. I keep ending back at 1.0.1.0 as the most stable version that handles most of my needs.

Comment

Same here, I'm back to 1010 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Havie88 View Post
          I keep ending back at 1.0.1.0 as the most stable version that handles most of my needs.
          V2.0.2.0 is pretty stable, except for this last tank with having to rebuild the library on install....but it is very stable in regards.

Wasn't really aware that the DMS was not able to play any 3D movies that I could remember. I moved my 3D TV and 3D player out of the family room and replaced it with a bigger size 4K/UHD TV. So I haven't been using the DMS for some time for this feature. Only have a select few 3D movies that if I wanted to watch them, I could load them in the player to watch.

Out of curiosity I put 'Doctor Strange' and 'Avatar' 3D movies onto the server with/using V2.0.2.0 and moved the server into the room where both the TV and player is at now and both movies do not play using V2.0.2.0, there is an endless spinning white circle, the movie will not load and play.

So yes....this too also needs to be address in feature updates.

Comment

3D playing looks like it works sort of fine for me on 2.0.2.0 - BUT please read on:

I have riped all my 3D Blu-ray's to iso with menus and all. I don't know how it works with other rips that full iso images.

When playing a 3D movie iso file in the Simple Mode to play the main movie it plays fine and all look good, at least for the 4-5 I tried. But I haven't watch a hole movie, only 10-15 minutes of the beginning! And I haven't tried all my 3D movies.

When playing a 3D movie iso file in the menu mode where you play it like a Blu-ray disk in a player it does NOT play. Sometimes it just hangs with a spinning circle, other times a screen pops up saying that this Blu-ray disk require a 3D player, cables, TV etc. to work and then it usually hangs there. I guess it's a short clip on the Blu-ray that is being played as it's not the same for all disks.

I really hope it gets fixed as I bought this player only because it could play 3D Blu-ray iso rips with menus.

If it doesn't get fixed, is there anyway to downgrade to 1.0.1.0 ? I can't find the 1.0.1.0 firmware anywhere, all the links I found doesn't work anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X