Remove 2 movies in my dms folder on media server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 Remove 2 movies in my dms folder on media server

I have 2 movies stuck in my dms folder on my media server how can I remove them, manager on DVDFab wil not delete them

See my previous post https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...o-list-entries

In summary, do a "Fix Match" to anything you can easily delete later (eg "Doctor Who", 1963, Series 30 (which does not exist), episode 1,2, etc. This will be allowed - even if the media file doesn't exist. Then go into the TV Show poster wall in the web app, find where you added it (ie Doctor Who, season 30), open eg season 30 and delete the season by clicking on the garbage can icon. NOTE, this will also delete the corresponding file if it exists. If you don't want the file deleted, rename it first. If you want to keep the file AND you don't want it to re-appear in the DMS folder, add a ".nomedia" file, which will prevent the scraper finding it again.
    Last edited by SaturnV; 03-02-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I have tried all that, but when I go to manager it wont let me edit anything but the poster, no trash can like the ones I can edit that are not in the DMS folder, and last time I tried to take out the sata HD and edit through my computer , the computer no longer sees it , it say inaccessible ?

Comment

You either have something very odd wrong with your DMS, or I'm not sure you my convoluted instructions were comprehensible! (apologies and all that if I sound patronising).

Firstly, in the web manager were you able to do a "Fix Match" on the two files in your DMS folder (actually labelled "VIDEOS" in the Web Manager)? If you were, that on its own will remove them from the DMS folder (but will not affect the media files themselves).

If you then go into the TV Shows poster wall in the web manager, if you click on Doctor Who (or whatever you "fixed" it to) - click on the Poster itself, not the Fix Match or Edit icons. This should open it up and show all the seasons. Find the season you assigned it to (eg 30 - warning this might appear with a very big, or even negative season number), click on that and you should have a trash can at top right (a feature introduced in v2. something or other). Click on that and it should delete the entire season (and the media files as well if you didn't rename them).

On the other hand, if you just want to delete the media files (which will not affect what shows in the DMS folder on the MS interface, or the "VIDEOS" poster wall in the web Manager), then do it through Windows Explorer (see other posts if you're having trouble seeing the DMS in Windows Explorer). Alternatively find the media files in the SATA section under VIDEOS on the DMS itself (using the TV interface), press the menu button or Top Menu button (I can't remember which) on the remote then select "Delete".
        Last edited by SaturnV; 03-02-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

OK Mission complete, I had to click on the Concert Movie / Video/ DMS / hit menu on the remote , it did not get the trash can option only , allowed me to change the title, and I did a save, after selecting movie,then search and brought up a poster art which was not the one I wanted , and did a save, and it disappeared and went back to my movies folder, where I will go back to Manager and fix it up including the information and correct the poster art with another poster that I have in a folder to fix it. I did use the menu option on a movie I did not want on my server and it does give me more editing option including deleting there is probably a faster away of doing it but for now it works, Thanks your response was helpful, also I got Windows explorer to work so for now I can see My media, just need to learn more about it
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X