DMS v2.0.2.0 And SMB2 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 DMS v2.0.2.0 And SMB2 Support

Does anyone know if SMB2 is supported on DMS v2.0.2.0? I had a Synology NAS with SMB1 enabled as the minimum and had no issues. Upgraded last week to a new NAS that set the minimum at SMB2 for security reasons, but found the DMS was no longer able to access or update movies. I thought SMB2 support was added on DMS last year

SMB2 is supported. It could be a setting of your PC.
    Are you using Windows 10? If yes, please refer to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nd-windows-ser

Comment

No PCs or Windows involved . The DMS is unable to access files on a Synology NAS (that is linux based 6.2.2-24922 Update 4) that has the minimum SMB protocol is set to SBM2. There are no issues with access when the Synology NAS is set to SMB1, but there are many security issues. Has anyone verified SMB2 support and currently have it running on DMS v2.0.2.0?

Comment

Just curious jnardone, how did you set that up? The reason I ask is because I was thinking of getting an NAS unit and was watching some setup videos and all of them were using a PC to setup user shares, access right for users and creating folders to put content in. The units I looked at was a Synology and a WD My Cloud Pro 4100.

Home network setups vary widely between users, have you thought about using a crossover cable between the NAS and the DMS?...just to see what happens? There are users here who have setups like yours on their networks who don't have problems. You can make a crossover cable by making one end standard A and the other end standard B.

Comment

I have the Synology NAS and DVDFab DMS are on the same home network connected through a standard GbE ENET switch. On the NAS there are two separate directories, one named movies and the other TV. I setup a unique user/password for DVDFab DMS access that restricts the DMS to those two directories through SMB file sharing. I had to set the minimum protocol on the NAS to SMB1. The NAS has fixed IP address that I add to library along with user name and password that allows me to select the specific directory to add. I have had no real problems since initial setup a few years back (other than trying to enable SMB2, which I have been successful with).

Comment

I think the issue that I am having with my DMS server to DMS server streaming via network and SMB is also related to this same kind of SMB2 issue. I can connect to Windows 10 just fine and I can play movies via my network from PC to DMS. However, both of my DMS are having issues streaming when trying to play from a non Windows device ie. from one DMS to the other. I can add movies to my library, DMS to DMS, but when it comes to actually playing the content the DMS wont connect to each other and throws a playback error.

jnardone I have included the thread I started in this forum regarding my issue. It seems at least according to my included logs that either of my DMS act like they can't find anything non Windows via Samba. I can't even connect in the Search Network function under videos, but I can for PC. So this might be a greater Samba issue? Both of my DMS are on 2.0.2.0 and others have had success streaming server to server, but with only one of the 2 fully updated. So that leads me to believe there might be a bug somewhere in the new 2.0.2.0 for SMB.

I have recently purchased a 2nd DMS for another TV in my house. I have an 8TB hard drive in the original DMS and nothing in the 2nd one. I want to be able to stream the movies and content from the DMS with the hard drive to the one that doesn't have one. I can add the location of the content of the 1st one to the library on the

Comment

I also have a Synology NAS (2415+) and when I switch over to SMBv2 the DMS can no longer access the shares. All my Windows (7/8.1/10/2012 R2 Server) and Android (Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A) are able to access the shares via SMBv2. The only device not able to connect is the DMS.

Comment

I tried a complete factory reset this last weekend on the DMS and still couldn't get SMB2 to work with Snology NAS. Only SMB1 is functioning. It appears the DMS tries to access the Synology NAS when I try and add with an IP address using "Network Path," but then displays "Unknown Server Access Error" and quits. Maybe this will get fixed in a future release?

Comment

I used this fix involving changing the DWORD setting and found it worked well for 5 minutes. I am now back to square one it seems.
                  only thing I noticed was a message which came up telling me file sharing was not set so I went ahead and allowed it.

Comment

I have now been able to fix the problem by changing the Network sharing option to Private network.
                    however the DVDFab copying facility is still not showing the Movie Server as being available
                    also if I change to the Ethernet connection using a different hub it ceases to work

Comment

MikeN...just to be clear, you are using a network switch...not a hub...right?

Follow the steps outlined here...

I have no problem using DVDFAB to make and copy backups to the DMS but when I try to manually try to copy files from my PC to the DMS it stops and tells me

Comment

Working...
                      X