Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 Web interface "update library" vs "update videos"

Hi
    I am wondering what the difference is between "update library" vs "update videos", when you enter the DSM web interface, settings section.

When you push the buttons, you cannot actually see that anything happens. I do believe something happens in the background, but what??

I am mostly interested in knowing how to have the library updated when I add new movies or delete old ones. To me it does not seem to do anything automaticly.

I always update library on the web side, and then do refresh on the DMS if needed.

Comment

ok, is the DMS refresh needed if you do the "update library" via web interface?
      What is your experience? TRJ

Comment

Didn't know refresh works now. It was broke for so long I gave up trying to use it, that option didn't do anything before.

Tried using it..........

Had double copies of three movies I corrected the titles to them. The easiest way to get rid of them is to go on the web and delete them but the double wall posters are still on the TV wall. Used to do an update library because refresh stopped working, used refresh to see if it works this time and it does, double wall posters gone. Just an example in reference to using the refresh option and web updates.

Update library and update video are different. You won't see it do anything if you stay in the 'Manage Library' screen. If your updating your Movies, TV Shows or Videos, you need to go back into those functions after you do an update library or whatever to see it updating and populate whatever function you are updating. And it does update automatically by itself after you put something on the DMS but it's just not right away. Have seen it take up to four hours sometimes to update what I put on it if I don't update it myself.

Comment

The Refresh on the DMS side is not totally necessary in all cases as sometimes it seems to do this on it's own. Also I believe I have mine set for a nightly reboot - which also seems to include a refresh. However if you are looking to see changes made on the web side, and they are not on the DMS, then a refresh should solve this - or at least does for me in most cases.

So I guess if you see the changes on the web side (i.e. poster name change or add a movie) and it's not on the DMS side, a refresh works.

This SHOULD NOT be confused with the library rebuild function - which will totally start from scratch and muck up your changes.

TRJ

Comment

Thank you for sorting this out.
            I must admit it is not very clearly explained anywere, and judging from your experiences, -it is not really consistens.

Regarding the rebuild, a total start from scratch, how does that interfere with the .nfo files?
            I thought they would hold "the truth" and not be changed by a rebuild. That you could make you own adjustments, which then would be kept duing a rebuild or an update to a new firmware etc.

What is your experiences with the .nfo files?

Comment

.nfo files do stay in tack after a rebuild of the library but any changes that you have made that's not using it.....and.....that you made will be changed after doing a rebuild of the library. Exception is very strict in that you need to make sure the changes you make outside of generating a .nfo file; that it mirrors what is being used on TMDB & TVDB website. From using those two sites without a .nfo file, past experience and labeling titles how it is on there worked for me without .nfo files on the DMS.

But really......one should not have to do a rebuild of the library, this should be your last option, unless you are positive that nothing will change from doing it...especially if you have put a lot of time fixing and getting a lot of folders and movies, videos just the way you like it.....

Comment

Similar to what Down2Earth states, I've tried to adjust certain things in the .nfo files to list things certain ways (as a general idea - just the movie name for one). However a rebuild seems to take info from the TMDB site and over write the nfo file (much to my dis-satisfaction). I'd like to be able to adjust them and have them "locked" after adjustment, but the system doesn't seem to work like this.

TRJ

Comment

Working...
                X