No announcement yet.

Bluray ISO plays incorrectly....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 Bluray ISO plays incorrectly....

My copy of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (bluray) is not playing correctly. Blueray plays fine by itself. For the DMS we normally put the whole disk in using 1:1 Clone in ISO format.

1) If you try and jump to Video directly - it plays one of the special features.
    2) if you play menu mode, all the previews and extras appear ok. menu initially looks ok. If you play the movie, the Movie is showing and skipping through in 20 seconds. The length of the movie if you pause is showing only as 20 sec. I tried copying a second time with the same results.

I'll try pulling just the movie in MKV next and will have to report back.

MKV appears to play correctly.....maybe it's some sort of error with DVDfab clone?

Comment

Have you tried Main Movie ISO? Strange MKV works and ISO doesn't. The copy I have on the DMS works using DVDfab for just Main Movie....didn't do a full 1:1 Clone of the whole disc. It's a Loinsgate and they love throwing bombs on their discs.

Comment

Not off hand. I figured that this pretty much the same as MKV passthrough, except for the "container" it's stored in. However I have had problems with this on a different DVD. I tried one old B/W DVD with 4 movies on it. I wanted each moved to display separately so I had to use the Customize ISO format to just pull out the individual movies. While the whole movie of each was there in the ISO format, they were starting and not playing correctly such as chapters where mangled. You would have to rewind and restart the ISO multiple times to get it to go to the beginning and play. And then any chapter forwards would screw it up again. In this B/W case - MKV worked great and maintained the chapters. Since that point in time I use ISO for the whole disk and MKV if I have other problems. I note that sometimes the MKV takes longer to start, but otherwise has worked well. I just hate losing all the features, extras, and menus if I don't have to. Is there any other benefit to the main movie ISO?

TRJ

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ View Post
          I just hate losing all the features, extras, and menus if I don't have to. Is there any other benefit to the main movie ISO?
          TRJ
          Not really if you like having all the extras and menus that go with ripping the whole disc. I usually have the opposite with foreign disc that I need subtitles that I would need to rip a disc with full menus and extras. Haven't ran into the issue you are running into since I mostly put main movie mode on the DMS, it's is the most convenient mode to rip, use and watch for me. (Unless I'm ripping a TV series which is a different animal altogether)

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
            It's a Loinsgate and they love throwing bombs on their discs.

Lionsgate Relese.......Say no more lol

Comment

None of my 3D ISO files work with Movie Server 2.02 but the MKV files do. Also found that the BluRay ripper does not work with ISO files created by DVDFAB 11. Sent in a ticket to DVDFAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Munchiniwa View Post
                None of my 3D ISO files work with Movie Server 2.02 but the MKV files do. Also found that the BluRay ripper does not work with ISO files created by DVDFAB 11. Sent in a ticket to DVDFAB.
                Two different topics here.........almost the same but different! Are you saying the 3D MKV plays and the 3D ISO doesn't with the movie server? Either way, the 3D ISO issue with V2.0.2.0 has been posted many times already even before V2.0.2.0. I tried it and it doesn't work, they know and it looks like they are working on it. Post #2: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...u-ray-playback. BlueRay ripper is very different, should repost that one under a new thread if you don't get a reply back on it.

Comment

Working...
                X