Serious problems playing UHD files and iso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Serious problems playing UHD files and iso

Menu displays fine but all UHD file formats I tried (various downloaded UHD demo files from LG, Sony and an iso copied from a UHD bluray with DVDFab 11) don't playback properly.
    Audio plays fine but the in the image all the video lines are shifted as if there are video timing issues.
    Tried all the various display settings to no avail.

Normal HD resolution files all play fine.

FW Version is the latest update.
    Didn't use the box for some time and the first thing I did was upgrading the fw when the box was switched on.

Problem has something to do with playback of UHD HDR video.
    SDR UHD files do play fine.

When forcing in Settings Display HDR Mode to SDR the UHD HDR Video the video looks ok. When this setting is in Auto or HDR10 the video looks garbled up.

How do I play UHD HDR videos with HDR? Or is this media player just not capable?

Comment

How are you trying to play your UHD videos? Are you using a server (ethernet or wifi)? Or are you using an internal hard drive?
      Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

I'm using a server. The same files over the network on my Oppo uhd player run without problems.

Comment

Try this to see if this is the problem the DMS has had since its inception. Find an iso that has non-hd audio (like 2 channel of 5 channel but not atmos or true etc.). See if they play properly that way. I get problems with my server with UHD files when I use hd audio but they work fine when I'm not using the hd audio.
          Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Working...
          X